- Before you fly
- In the air
About Etihad Airways
Etihad is committed to offering a personal travel experience, with tailored options every step of the way. Connecting the world with its extensive network, Etihad offers four daily flights from London Heathrow and a twice-daily service from Manchester to Abu Dhabi and onwards to over 85 destinations in more than 50 countries. Whether you choose to fly First, Business or Economy, you will experience the newest aircraft, latest entertainment – including live sports and news channels – and the finest onboard dining.
You’ve booked your trip, now it’s time to prepare for your flight! Check out all our advice for checking in, preparing your baggage and more below. For full visa and vaccinations advice – and more – check out our dedicated Before You Fly pages. If you have any questions, please chat to your Flight Centre Travel Consultants.
Regardless of where you’re travelling and who with, our Travel Consultants recommend being at the airport at least two hours prior to your scheduled departure time. Etihad Airways offers guests a range of check-in options, including:
- Online check-in – Available from 30 hours up to an hour before departure using your booking reference on the Etihad Airways website, and you can choose your seat and print your boarding pass at home to save time at their airport. You can also get your boarding pass on your phone.
- City check-in – If you're flying with Etihad Airways from Abu Dhabi, you can check-in at one of the city check-in facilities (AED 30 per guest). City check-in opens 24 hours prior to departure and is located at Abu Dhabi's City Terminal, directly opposite the Abu Dhabi Mall.
- Airport check-in – Travellers can check-in from four hours up to 60 minutes before departure time, or 45 minutes before for First/Business passengers.
- Economy: one carry-on bag weighing up to 7kg
- Business and First: two bags with a combined weight of 12kg The maximum dimensions per bag are 50 x 40 x 25cm. All passengers are allowed to take one personal item onboard – for example, a handbag, a laptop bag or duty free purchase.
Checked baggage allowance
Checked baggage allowances onboard Etihad vary depending on the type of airfare, so please chat to your Flight Centre Travel Consultant for full details:
- Economy: one bag weighing up to 23kg
- Business: baggage allowance of up to 40kg
- First: baggage allowance of up to 50kg Premium travellers may take more than one bag, but each bag must not weigh more than 32kg. Luggage must not exceed the below maximum dimensions: To / from Canada and the US: (70 x 50 x 38cm) To / from all other destinations: (90 x 72 x 45cm)
Bulky items can be taken as checked baggage provided they don't exceed the weight and size dimensions set by Etihad Airways. Accept items include skiing equipment, musical instruments, surf boards, bicycles, golf clubs and scuba diving equipment. For more information, speak to your Flight Centre Airfare Expert.
Adults travelling with infants or children up to 11 years old are able to take a collapsible stroller or carry-cot as carry-on baggage in the cabin (provided there is space), or as checked baggage. This service is free of charge and in addition to the standard checked baggage allowance. An extra bag is also included. The following weight restrictions apply: To/from USA and Canada: 1 bag (up to 23kg) To/from all other destinations: up to 10kg
Etihad Airways' Economy boasts a range of benefits that make it one of the world's most prestigious airlines. Guests flying in Economy Class can expect the choice of three different high quality meals, individual seat-back TV screens and in-seat power, offering the ability to charge personal electronic devices. Etihad also offers the ultimate in flexibility. For passengers that want extra legroom, the airline has introduced its Economy Space seat, which offer a generous additional area to stretch out. Alternatively, you can bid for one, two or three neighbouring seats which, if successful, will stay vacant for your journey. To find out more, chat to your friendly Flight Centre Travel Consultant.
Upgrade to Etihad Premium Cabins
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you drink alcohol on Etihad flights?
Onboard Etihad Airways flights, alcohol is served to all destinations – even during the month of Ramadan. The only exception is flights to Saudi Arabia; this route is alcohol-free all year-round.
Do you get Wi-Fi onboard Etihad aircraft?
Etihad’s internet ‘Wi-Fly’ service is available on select aircraft across all cabins. Passengers can purchase Wi-Fi vouchers from the cabin crew onboard, or connect to the Wi-Fi using electronic devices and selecting the service that best suits their needs. Prices start from US$4.95 depending on the package. All First passengers travelling on Wi-Fi enabled planes receive a complimentary 90MB.
Is the food Etihad provides onboard Halal?
All food served onboard Etihad Airways flights is Halal and prepared in strict accordance with Halal requirements. Other special requests, such as gluten-free, vegetarian or child-friendly meals, can also be made. Please speak to your Travel Consultant in advance of your flight to make any such requests.
Contact Our Friendly Travel Consultants for a Quote
We know our stuff when it comes to holidays all around the world and – most importantly – with a little bit of information, our Travel Experts can tailor make a trip to suit you. So what are you waiting for?