Flights to Cairo
Forget browsing online for your Cairo flights! Free up your time and chat to our friendly Travel Consultants in-store, via Live Chat or over the phone – they’ll do all the legwork for you.
Chat to Us About Your Cairo Flights Today!
Flight Centre’s Travel Consultants really know their stuff when it comes to creating bespoke itineraries. Get in touch below, and let us tailor-make it easy
Why Book With Flight Centre?
Your searching stops here. It’s true, you could waste hours trawling online search engines and you’ll probably find a better deal for your flights, but is it worth losing your sanity for the sake of saving a fiver? At Flight Centre, our service, expertise and access to great global deals means we can find the perfect flights for you – without the hassle. Pop in-store or give us a call and we’ll tailor-make it easy.
Upgrade Your Flight With Us
More Information about Cairo
Cairo Airport (CAI)
Flights to Cairo will disembark at Cairo International Airport.
Cairo International Airport (CAI) is located at the crossroads of Africa, the Middle East, Europe and the Persian Gulf. The airport is the busiest in Egypt and has three terminals, one of which is undergoing construction and is expected to re-open in 2013.
Sitting amid the colour, hustle and burst of life in Cairo's 14th-century bazaar, the Khan al-Khalili, you can see the historic and contemporary blend that typifies the city. Formation of the metropolis in its modern state began with the conquering by Arab General Amr Ibn Al-Ase for Islam in 641AD. Of course, push west to the Pyramids of Giza and the time warp is even more substantial, you're now at 4000BC. Come back to the centre to Midan Tahrir 'Liberation Square', and you're at the site of the 2011 protests that brought down a president. The push and pull of time is everywhere.
In the vastness of this hectic place it's easy to lose yourself so here's a quick guide to top sites and things to do:
- Ride a felucca on the Nile – for a different perspective on the city from the longest river in the world
- Explore Islamic Cairo – the Khan al-Khalili bazaar is here along with Turkish baths, historic mosques and architecture
- Visit the Egyptian Museum – stuffed with treasures from antiquity, be ready for crowds and touts
- Ramble through Old/Coptic Cairo – Egypt's oldest surviving synagogue, the 9th-century Ben Ezra Synagogue, is fascinating
- Day trip to the Pyramids of Giza – almost subsumed by Cairo, the pyramids don't rise out of empty desert, but this is still a must-see
Contact Our Friendly Travel Consultants for a Quote
We know our stuff when it comes to holidays all around the world and – most importantly – with a little bit of information, our Travel Experts can tailor make a trip to suit you. So what are you waiting for?