You are here

Visa & Passport Information

Before You Fly visas and vaccinations

Travel Visas

The ever-changing nature of travel visas can be time consuming to research and complex to navigate. Flight Centre always recommends that you speak with or check the relevant embassy’s website to find out their entry requirements, however, if you need further advice or an express service, Flight Centre can recommend CIBT. CIBT can assist with a full range of visa services and advice, but does charge a fee for this; please compare CIBT’s fees against the embassy or government visa pages before purchasing any visa.

Our consultants can assist with Australian ETA visas if you are travelling on a British passport, but if you have any specific concerns regarding Australian visas please contact one of our Consultants or CIBT – again a fee will be charged if you choose to actually purchase your visa through them. Please allow yourself plenty of time to obtain your visas.

We always recommend going direct to the embassies for your visas, however you can search for your destination and visa requirements using the handy tool here. If you use CIBT to arrange your visa additional fees will be charged.


Passports & Documentation 

You will need your passport when leaving and re-entering the UK, as well as to gain entry to your destination. It also serves as a de facto form of identification when buying currency and some countries require you to carry it at all times as identification. It is important that your passport is not damaged and has sufficient pages for any required visas and/or entry stamps gained en route. Please be aware that most countries require six months' validity on your passport from the date of return; you may not be able to travel if your passport does not meet these requirements.

More Information

United States' ESTA Information

When visiting the USA, you can no longer apply for your ESTA on the day of travel. As such, we recommend that you complete your ESTA application no less than 72 hours before departure, and ensure you carry the relevant documents of proof with you during travel.

New Zealand ETA & IVL Information 

From 1st October 2019, British Citizens travelling to New Zealand will require an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA), priced at NZ$9 when bought via the mobile app or NZ$12 when purchased online. This will need to be obtained in advance of your departure. ETAs for forthcoming trips can be applied for from 1st July 2019 and will be valid for two years. 

Visitors to New Zealand travelling for business or leisure will also be required to pay an International Visitor Conservation Tourism Levy (IVL). This costs NZ$35 and is paid for and arranged at the same time as your ETA. For more advice or information, chat to your Flight Centre Travel Consultant.

Travelling to Europe

As you may already be aware, current political debates in regards to Brexit could mean that requirements for travel may change for British passport holders. Therefore, please monitor any changes with respect to entry requirements and passport validity. If you are hiring a car, you may need an International Driver’s Permit. If you have any specific queries, please speak to your friendly Travel Expert, or a member of our Travel Concierge team, for more information.

Visiting South Africa with Under 18s?

No visa is required for UK passport holders travelling to South Africa, however anyone under the age of 18 MUST travel with a full unabridged birth certificate in addition to their passport. Please chat to your Travel Consultant for further details.