A honeymoon vacation will be for most couples a once-in-a-lifetime experience and so to make it memorable, it needs to be planned almost to perfection. If you’re looking for help arranging your post-wedding holiday, here are some things to consider when planning your honeymoon:
Scenery must be idyllic
A honeymoon hotel suite or villa surrounded by beautiful scenery has to be, no doubt, one of your top honeymoon requirements. Whether it is jungle, desert, mountain or ocean scenery, the honeymoon destination has to boast impressive views!
Even if you plan to spend a good deal of your time in the hotel’s pool, there’s nothing more romantic you can do on your honeymoon than being able to come out of your room for scenic walks, as well as to relax in your room together while gazing at the views through the balcony doors.
Air conditioning is non-negotiable
One of the top requirements on any honeymoon list has to be a room with air-conditioning (a ceiling fan won’t do). Unless you are accustomed to humid climates, a perfect honeymoon can be easily ruined by sleepless nights. Not being able to sleep because of unbearable heat at night is something you wouldn’t want spoiling what’s supposed to be the best holiday of your lives!
If you’re going to choose a hotel for your honeymoon, why not stay at a hotel that will offer extra perks for newly-weds, such as a free bottle of champagne or the best table in their restaurant?
Many hotels tend to offer free room upgrades and even discounts for newly-weds when you mention to them that you’re on a honeymoon. You can contact the hotel’s guest relations officer in advance, though asking for a complimentary room upgrade at the front desk when checking in works a treat too!
Opportunity for a cultural experience
Relaxation and indulgence are two things to look forward to in a honeymoon destination, along with action-packed activities. However, wouldn’t be nice if you could also enjoy a cultural experience in the process? Some of the best honeymoons happen in places where you’ll be able to interact with the local people and experience their culture. Ideally, look for a honeymoon destination that is not too busy so you can relax while you’re exploring.
A honeymoon destination where you can enjoy some warm weather has to surely be at the top of your list. After all, a honeymoon wouldn’t really be quite the same without being able to lay in the sun and enjoy endless fun in the water.
Unless you’re exclusively looking for sun, beach and relaxation for your honeymoon, you’ll want to spice up things a little by adding fun activities to your itinerary. Here are some examples of activities you could consider on your honeymoon:
• Jungle trekking through the rainforest in Costa Rica
• Horseback riding on the beach on Half Moon Bay, California
• Jeep tours in Mombassa, Kenya
• Scuba diving in Belize
• Biking along the Asso River valley in Tuscany
• Snorkelling on the Riviera Maya
Know your budget
The honeymoon vacation is sure to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, though you don’t really need to break the bank to have a memorable time. There are plenty of destinations that can be enjoyed in luxury no matter what your budget – if you’re unsure, chat to a Flight Centre consultant for a quote on your dream destination.
Suggestions for honeymoon destinations
Last but not least, here are some ideas of places where you and your loved one can escape to for a superb honeymoon vacation:
• Laguna Beach (California): Laguna Beach is a wonderful for a honeymoon stay surrounded by absolutely gorgeous scenery.
• Munsiyari (India): If you’re a adventurous couple, look no further than Munsiyari as your honeymoon destination. This sleepy little town offers stunning views of the Himalaya range as well as adventurous treks
• NhaTrang (Vietnam) and Bali (Indonesia): Both of these places are good destinations for a romantic and indulgent cultural honeymoon experience. You’ll literary feel like king and queen there!
• Negril (Jamaica) and Tulum (Mexico): if you’re not bothered by tourist crowds, both Negril and Tulum are great destinations for an inexpensive honeymoon.
• Belize: If money isn’t a problem, head to Belize for your honeymoon. Belize offers a special and unique setting for a honeymoon (i.e. Mayan ruins, caverns and natural swimming sinkholes).
James Jones is a traveler and blogger for MyTravelGuidePosts.com. He was born and raised in Utah but has lived most of his life in sunny California. James enjoys meeting new people and traveling off-the-beaten-path. He has hiked along the stunning Rota Vicentina trail and traveled on the Sacred Valley train.