Flight Centre Celebrates 20 years in the UK
It was in 1981 that the very first Flight Centre store opened in Sydney, Australia.
In 1995 we opened our first UK store in Putney High Street. Two years later a young Chris Galanty joined the team as a consultant. Jump forward two decades and we have 85 stores, including one soon to open in Ireland, and Chris is now the Managing Director of Flight Centre Europe and South Africa.
“It’s amazing just how far we’ve come in 20 years,” says Chris.
“We’ve grown from a flights specialist to a travel experience company. We don’t just look after customers when they book, we look after the experiences while they’re travelling too.”
In our 20 years, we’ve reached a number of achievements and milestones. Some of the most notable being:
- We’ve sold 10.5 million flights since 1995
- We’ve sent over 210,000 customers round the world
- We’ve arranged over 27,000 honeymoons
- We’ve booked 5.5 million hotel rooms
- Within our Flight Centre team we’ve witnessed 23 weddings and had 30 babies
- We even chartered a Boeing 747 to Cancun, Mexico, for our largest group booking
To celebrate these milestones and 20 years of travel, we’re giving you the chance to win one of 20 vouchers over 20 days in a social scavenger hunt.
To win, follow us on Facebook or Twitter to see our clues, visit the right Flight Centre store and post a photo of our Happy Birthday sign on Twitter or our Facebook wall along with the hashtag #20YearsofTravel. The first person to do this each day will win a £500 voucher to go towards their next holiday.
For more details, see our #20YearsofTravel competition page