Add a Stopover in Dubai
With over 22 hours flying time, all flights to Australia require a stopover along the way. To break up the journey and avoid hours waiting in an airport, we recommend adding a stopover break in Dubai on your way to Australia. As a 7 hour flight from London, Dubai is the pefect stopover destination where you can enjoy an exotic sunny break amongst indredible surrounds before continuing on you journey. Here's how you can make it happen.
How to get there
For the perfect journey from the UK to Dubai and onto Australia, we recommend flying with Emirates and Qantas, which enjoy a partnership together. As the national carrier for Dubai and Australia respectively, Emirates and Qantas are highly regared for their superior inflight experience.
Why we recommend flying with Emirates and Qantas:
- Flights from London to Australia operate on the new A3380 aircraft offering exceptional comfort and factilities
Time will fly by fast with Emirates' award-winning video-on-demand system which offers over 2,500 entertainment titles on seat-back screens
You'll never go hungry onboard Qantas which, in addition to it's in-flight meal service, offers a self-serve snack bar.
Where to stay
For a stopover stay in Dubai, nothing quite compares to Atlantis the Palm. Located on the world-famous Palm Island, the resort is a playground for all ages complete with beaches, pools, a popular waterpark, 20 dining venues, onsite spa and kid's clubs. While it's ideal for families, Atlantis the Palm is also perfect for adults as well with sophisticated restaurants, beach clubs and relaxing pools.
- A huge range of rooms avalable including family suits, interconnecting rooms and even underwater suites
- Free access to the onsite Aqaventure water park
- A wide range of cafes and restaurants onsite including an underwater restaurant and the world famous Nobu
- Great kids facilities including kid's clubs, hangout areas and entertainement designed for a range of age groups
Born out of the desert and cultivated over the years to wow all who visit, Dubai is a city of contrasts that needs to be seen to be truly believed. It’s where old meets new; ostentatious high-rises give way to undulating desert dunes; and traditional street fare comes up against award-winning cuisine. Needless to say, the list of things to do in Dubai is an eclectic one. Here are just some of our top recommendations:
- Visit the Burj Khalifa
- Go shopping at The Dubai Mall
- Haggle at the Gold Souk
- Cool off at the Aquaventure Waterpark
- See the Dubai Fountain
For more ideas, check out our guide on things to do in Dubai.