From brightly-coloured markets in Bangkok to neon signs in Hong Kong and multi-coloured clothing in India, Asia is undoubtedly one of the most vibrant destinations in the world. To celebrate our colourful Journeys to Asia, we’re giving one lucky person the chance to win a trip for two to one of the most colourful countries in the world: India.
How to enter
To win, post your most colourful photo (it doesn't have to be of Asia), and follow the instructions below. Entries must be posted before midnight on Friday, 19th August, after which they will then be shortlisted by our guest photography judges, with Flight Centre choosing and announcing the winner on Tuesday, 23rd August.
Meet the Judges
Kim-Ling from Travel-Ling
The stylish half of Travel-Ling, Kim-Ling is a self-confessed hispanophile, shoe addict, pop-culture nerd and chocoholic. From her first overseas trip at only six years of age, Kim-Ling has had an evolving wanderlust, which hit new heights during a whirlwind year of living in Spain. Both her and her husband share a love for travel, food and culture, often writing about their experiences from a humorous point of view. Follow Travel-Ling on Instagram.
Hannah and Adam from Getting Stamped
Hannah and Adam are travel photographers and the authors behind www.gettingstamped.com. Over the past three years, they have visited 63 countries and have grown a following for their photo work along the way. They love shooting their own unique blend of high color HDR. They're also passionate about wildlife and nature photography with more than 100 days photographing on safari in Africa and countless US national parks. Follow Getting Stamped on Instagram.
Kathryn from Travel with Kat
Kathryn writes the blog 'Travel with Kat' where she shares her love for discovering new countries, cultures and cuisines. She has worked in the travel industry as a graphic designer, photographer and writer for many years and this skillset is reflected beautifully in her colourful and vibrant blog. Follow Travel with Kat on Facebook.
Erick Prince of MinorityNomad.com
Erick Prince is a photographer, philanthropist, and writer from the USA and founder of MinorityNomad.com. He’s on a mission to become the first African-American to visit every country in the world. Through this pursuit, Erick strives to inspire people from low socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds, like his own, to change their global perspective through travel, photography, and outreach. Follow Minority Nomad on Instagram.
Get ready for the ultimate India adventure
The winner of this competition will win an incredible five-night holiday for two to India.
Flights with Jet Airways
The trip will begin with Economy Class flights from the UK to New Delhi courtesy of Jet Airways, where you'll enjoy innovative-designed seats with six-way headrests, as well as seat-back entertainment on a personal 10.6-inch screen.
Follow the Golden Triangle with Creative Travel
When you arrive in New Delhi you'll be greeted at the airport by our in-destination partners at Creative Travel, who will be on hand to help you throughout your holiday, including the service of a private driver and local speaking guides.
Your trip will then follow the popular Golden Triangle route, where you'll exlore the bustling streets of New Delhi before driving on to see the spectacular Taj Mahal in Agra and the dazzling Pink City of Jaipur.
The winning trip will include hotel accommodation on a bed & breakfast basis, transport, all sightseeing tours with local speaking guides and paid monument fees.
Eligible travel dates: 16 April - 30 September 2017.
Terms and Conditions
Conditions of Entry
1. Information about the prize and how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry by each entrant. Entry is via Instagram and Facebook only.
2. This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, except for employees of Flight Centre Limited, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
3. The competition opens at 09.00am on 1.08.16 and closes at midnight on 19.08.16. Flight Centre reserves the right to change the competition dates at any time. Any changes to the competition will be announced via our Facebook and Twitter channels.
How to Enter
4. Eligible entrants can enter the promotion by uploading their colourful photograph. The entrant must include #ColoursofAsia hashtag and the name of the featured destination in their photo caption. Entrants can submit the photograph via Instagram or directly to Flight Centre UK’s Facebook wall. Entries submitted elsewhere on Flight Centre’s Facebook page will not be accepted.
5. Entries will not be eligible unless entrants include the #ColoursofAsia hashtag and their accounts are set to ‘public’ so that their entries are visible on Flight Centre UK’s Instagram feeds.
6. Entrants must ensure their Instagram profile is set to ‘public’ for at least three weeks after the competition has ended to ensure their entry appears in Flight Centre UK’s hashtag (#) search. Entries received will be considered final by Flight Centre UK. Entries which are incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, illegible or incomprehensible or which infringe intellectual property rights will be deemed invalid. Entries must be received during the competition period. Flight Centre UK does not accept responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
7. A single entrant may enter the competition with as many unique entries as they like.
8. Entries will not be accepted or posted, and may even be removed, if Flight Centre UK believes that it contains any of the following: (a) persons under the age of 18; (b) competitive products; (c) unsafe behaviour / activity that could result in physical injury or property damage; (d) third party materials that you have no rights to, including content owned by third parties, images of celebrities, third party trademarks, artwork, etc.; (e) illegal activity, including drug use; (f) obscenity or profanity; (g) anything defamatory or libellous; (h) anything disparaging to any involved brands, or any of their competitors; (i) anything racist or sexist; (j) anything pornographic or obscene; (k) gambling; or (l) anything in poor taste.
Selection of Prize Winner
9. There will be one (1) Prize Winner.
10. The entered photographs shall be featured on the Flight Centre UK website.
11. A panel of guest judges will then shortlist their favourites, whereby one winner will be chosen by Flight Centre. The winner will be contacted via the commenting function beneath the submitted photograph.
12. Once the winner has been contacted they will be asked to send their contact details and acceptance of the prize to email@example.com.
13. The winner will have two weeks from the date of contact to claim the prize.
14. If any prize has not been claimed by the winner within the specified time frame, the prize will be forfeited and offered to the runner up winner.
15. The winner of the #ColoursofAsia competition will receive a five-night holiday to India for two people. This will include return Economy Class flights, five nights' hotel accommodation including breakfast, sightseeing tours with local speaking guides at each city, and paid monument fees.
16. All other meals are not included.
17. The hotels are subject to resort fees.
18. Twin beds are available upon request.
19. Prize does not include any items of a personal nature, expenses or additional fees.
20. Travel can only be taken from 16 April - 30 September 2017. The following blackout dates apply:
15/07/2017 – 01/08/2017
21. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or exchange.
22. Once trip departure date has been booked full modification and cancellation fees apply.
23. Prize does not include visas, travel insurance, pre/post accommodation, spending money, optional activities or any other items not articulated in the prize details.
24. Any passes, tickets or vouchers issued as part of the prize are subject to prevailing terms and conditions of use and any tickets, passes or vouchers are only valid for use within the stated duration on the passes or tickets issued or the duration of the chosen prize, whichever is earlier.
25. All entrants consent to allowing Flight Centre UK to share their images on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels, as well as on our blog.
26. The winner consents to the use of their name and winning photograph for promotional and marketing purposes.
27. Flight Centre will use the winner’s name for promotional activity related to the competition. This may include but not be limited to: including your name on our blog, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter channels.
28. Flight Centre UK is not responsible or liable for:
i. inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information;
ii. purported entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete, sent with insufficient postage (where entry is by post), or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions;
iii. any problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software;
iv. the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website;
v. unauthorised human intervention in any part of the competition;
vi. electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition;
vii. any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying a winner; or
viii. any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
29. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with Instagram or Facebook.