You are here
The Lost Civilisation
- International flights
- 4 nights in 4* hotels
- 7-night The Lost Civilisation River Cruise
- 11 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 8 dinners
- Visit to Angkor Wat
- Visit to Angkor Thom & Ta Prohm
- Saigon Street Eat Tour
- Cu Chi Tunnels by Saigon River tour
- All transfers
What to expect
- Discover floating markets and villages as you sail down the mighty Mekong River
- Step back to the time of the Khmer empire at the atmospheric temples of Angkor
- Marvel at the glittering palaces and pagodas of Phnom Penh
- Indulge in some fresh local flavours on the streets of Ho Chi Minh City
A tailor-made holiday
Need to know
- Arrives: Siem Reap International Airport (REP)
- Time difference: GMT+7
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Cambodia – Khmer; Vietnam – Vietnamese
- Currency: Cambodia – Cambodian Riel (KHR); Vietnam – Vietnamese dong (VND)
- Flying time from UK: around 15 hours
- Plug type: 2 round pins or 2 flat pins
- Voltage: 220V
Your Example Itinerary
Fly from the UK to Siem Reap.
Start your Journey in bustling Siem Reap, gateway to the magnificent temples of Angkor. Angkor Archaeological Park is the most significant archaeological site in Southeast Asia and contains the atmospheric remains of the Khmer capitals from the 9th to the 15th century. Seek out your favourite temple – perhaps the faces of Bayon or the mystical Ta Prohm, slowly disappearing into the jungle. Angkor Wat is the most famous, and you’ll visit this iconic monument in the late afternoon to see the golden sun set.
Lost Civilisation River Cruise
Transfer across the pretty Tonle Sap lake to meet your river cruise in Kampong Cham. Join the monks and climb the 291 steps up to the colourful Wat Hanchey temple (or take a motor taxi) and admire the views from the top. Sail on to Phnom Penh where you’ll dock to take a look around. Tour the grand Royal Palace, the exquisite Silver Pagoda and the harrowing Genocide Museum. Back on board, cross the border into Vietnam and sail the mighty Mekong across to Chau Doc, where you’ll explore the floating villages before continuing to Sa Dec. The next day, discover the verdant riverine islands on your way to My Tho.
Ho Chi Minh City
Leave your cruise behind in My Tho and head on by road to the modern metropolis of Ho Chi Minh City. This energetic city buzzes day and night and is filled with modern shopping arcades as well as ancient pagodas and fascinating history museums. Sample some of the world’s best Vietnamese street food on the streets of Saigon - tuck in to steaming bowls of noodles filled with light aromatic flavours, washed down with a refreshing Bia Hoi. Crawl the very restrictive Cu Chi tunnel network and discover the underground history of the Vietcong.
Depart Ho Chi Minh City and return to the UK.
We know our stuff when it comes to holidays all around the world and – most importantly – with a little bit of information, our Travel Experts can tailor make a trip to suit you. So what are you waiting for?