Mystical China Revealed
- International & internal flights
- 8 nights in 5* hotels
- Great Wall, Ming Tombs & Roast Duck Dinner tour
- Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City & Opera Show tour
- Tang Dynasty Show & Dinner
- Terracotta Warriors, Hot Springs & Dumpling Dinner tour
- Huangpu River Cruise
- Shanghai Walking Tour
- All transfers aboard a private vehicle
What to expect
- Explore the exquisite historical relics of downtown Beijing
- Marvel at the enormity of the famous Great Wall of China
- Gaze across a sea of clay faces at the Terracotta Warriors
- Admire the bright lights of the Shanghai skyline
A tailor-made holiday
Need to know
- Arrives: Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK)
- Time difference: GMT+8
- Visa requirements: British passport holders require a tourist visa; please ask your travel consultant for more information
- Language: Standard Mandarin
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY)
- Flying time from UK: Around 18 hours via Dubai
- Plug type: 3-prong flat blade plug
- Voltage: 220 volts/50 cycles
Fly from the UK to Beijing.
Touch down in Beijing and discover the city’s charms, from its most famous landmark at Tiananmen Square to the fascinating history of the Forbidden City and the Imperial Palace. Watch the locals practising Tai Chi at the Temple of Heaven, visit the Ming Tombs, burial place of 13 emperors, and walk the epic Great Wall of China, a truly spectacular piece of engineering in a stunning mountain setting not too far from the city. Spend the evening tucking in to a plate of succulent roast duck before enjoying a lively performance of Chinese Opera.
Fly on to Xi’an, once the eastern terminus of the Silk Road. This was China’s capital for 13 dynasties and it’s unsurprisingly full of history, with ruins, museums and relics to be explored. Today it is a modern city but retains pockets of the traditional, particularly in the atmospheric Muslim Quarter and within the ancient city walls. The fortifications are the world’s largest - 12m high and 18m wide at their base, and 15m wide on top - wide enough to ride a bike on the top, a popular pastime. Take in the spectacle of a Tang Dynasty show or perhaps visit the Giant Wild Goose Pagoda. Let’s not forget Xi’an’s star attraction, the Terracotta Warriors, an army of clay soldiers created around 2200 years ago.
Welcome to Shanghai, a symbol of modern China. Cruise along the Huangpu River before soaking up the city sights on a walking tour. Be sure to take a stroll along The Bund’s promenade and admire the French and Art Deco style architecture, as well as the iconic skyline, most striking when lit up at night. Treat yourself to some fabulous Cantonese food, browse the markets for souvenirs and discover the history of this shiny, glamourous city.
Depart Shanghai and return to the UK.
Plan and book your holiday with a Flight Centre Travel Expert today
We know our stuff when it comes to holidays all around the world and – most importantly – with a little bit of information, our Travel Experts can tailor make a trip to suit you. So what are you waiting for?