Historic culture or seaside relaxation, Athens Holidays offer the lot
It's often repeated but worthily so: Athens is the birthplace of democracy. Take in a panorama of this significant city from Lycabettus Hill, reached by foot or funicular railway. If you're a history buff you'll love the 1.8 mile pedestrian zone in the city centre, displaying the major archaeological sites.
Athens is not just hanging on to its past. The district of Psiri is a modern snapshot, with a trendy selection of shops, bars and small hotels. Taverns here hum and nightlife doesn't peak until the wee hours. Culture vultures will enjoy Athens' plethora of art galleries, museums and theatres (don't miss the curtain call at the ancient Herodes Atticus Theatre). Bring your cash – fashion, music, furniture, collectables and more, this metropolis is a marketplace. And most importantly for a holiday in Athens, bring your appetite. The Greek love affair with olives is unabated but even if you don't like them, your palate will be sated.
The Flight Centre Difference
- As one of the world's largest travel agencies, we have a huge range of Athens holidays.
- Our consultants are experienced holiday experts.
- We offer a Lowest Airfare Guarantee.
- You can rest assured with our 24/7 Emergency Assistance.
- Our holidays are ATOL and ABTA protected.