Classic Belize & Tikal
If we had to describe the Belizean pace it would be somewhere between slowly rolling waves and the inquisitive pace of a ruin explorer. Embracing just that mix of curious and chill, this nine-day itinerary will let you tour Mayan ruins, cycle around stunning islands, and enjoy plenty of time to hang out on the beach or dive into the famous Blue Hole. Be speedy, or a bit sloth-like – we’ll help you discover Central America either way.
Your tour to Belize City includes:
- G Adventures for Good: Belize Bike with Purpose Tour, Caye Caulker. Guided tour of Tikal. Free time in San Ignacio and Caye Caulker. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- No meals included
- Hotels (8 nts).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 16, avg 12
- Public bus, private vehicle, water taxi, walking.
Day 1 Belize City
There are no activities planned until an evening welcome meeting.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Belize City/Flores
Notice the difference in culture, with the heavy Mayan influence and Spanish language.
Enter Guatemala at the northeast jungle Petén region. The descendants of the Maya of Chichén Itzá migrated to the Petén area several centuries after the collapse of the great Mayan cities in the Yucatán.
Border Crossing (Belize - Guatemala)
Local bus (3.00-4.00 hours, 130km)
Private Vehicle (1.50-2.50 hours, 100km)
Day 3 Flores
Enjoy a guided tour of the Tikal archaeological site. Return to Flores and opt to swim in Lake Petén Itzá or hire a boat for a relaxing day.
Tikal Ruins Guided Tour
Take the same transportation back to Flores after the tour.
Private Vehicle (1.00-1.50 hours, 64km)
Day 4 Flores/San Ignacio
Return to Belize and the town of San Ignacio, situated on the banks of the Macal River.
Border Crossing (Guatemala - Belize)
Private Vehicle (2.00-3.00 hours, 95km)
Private Vehicle (0.50-0.75 hours, 13km)
Day 5 San Ignacio
Enjoy a free day to visit sacred Mayan caves of Actun Tunichil Muknal or Crystal Cave. Opt to check out Barton Creek Cave, Mountain Pine Ridge, and Caracol, or check out the seldom-visited Mayan ruins of Xunantunich.
Day 6 San Ignacio/Caye Caulker
Travel to one of Belize's famed island paradises — Caye Caulker, where "go slow" is the island's motto.
Enjoy tons of optional activities that will keep you busy here for days.
Belize Bike with Purpose Tour
Local bus (2.00-2.50 hours, 110km)
Water taxi (0.75-1.00 hours)
Day 7 Caye Caulker
With free time, opt to snorkel in the Hol Chan Marine Reserve, go for a dive in Blue Hole National Park, take a flight over the Blue Hole and coral reef, or just chill out, Belizean style.
Day 8 Caye Caulker
Continue to explore Caye Caulker and its water- and land-based activities during free time.
Day 9 Caye Caulker
Depart at any time.
This trip finishes on Caye Caulker, which is located 1 hr by water taxi from Belize City (an additional 30 min by taxi to the airport). There are frequent ferry departures between 7:30am and 5pm. You can purchase your return ferry ticket easily once you get to Caye Caulker.
If flying out of Belize City today, please ensure to book your departure flight after 11:30am to allow for enough time to reach the airport.
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Important Notes
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that an average level of fitness and mobility is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our leaders work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. Please note that all passengers traveling to Antarctica are required to fill out this questionnaire. The medical questionnaire can be found online at .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- Solo Travellers
- We believe solo travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and solo travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 October 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 4905523 when you call.