Bali on a Shoestring
The magical reputation of Bali doesn’t have to be held up by incredible water temples or surfing opportunities alone – this chill paradise also has plenty of inland and cultural highlights that will draw you in. This 9-day itinerary will let you explore rice paddies, bar hop along the beach, and immerse yourself in local culture at a traditional guesthouse. But hey, you can’t leave without paddling out on those stunning waters or gazing up at a temple, so we’ve left time for you to do those too.
Your tour to Kuta includes:
- G Adventures for Good: Bali Community Training Lunch Program, Ubud. Cooking class (Kubutambahan). Git Git waterfall visit. Monkey Forest visit. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- 8 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners
- Simple hotels (twin-share) or hostels (multi-share) (6 nts), guesthouse (2 nts, multi-share).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 16, avg 10.
- Private vehicle, boat.
Day 1 Kuta
Arrive at any time.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Kuta (1B)
Spend a free day in Kuta. Opt to take a surf lesson, explore the shops, chill out on the beach, or head to one of the nearby towns.
Day 3 Kuta/Kubutambahan (1B, 1L, 1D)
Travel to Kubutambahan, enjoying beautiful scenery along the way, and stop for lunch at the G Adventures-supported Bali Community Training Lunch Program en route. Settle in to the charming guesthouse for the evening.
Bali Community Training Lunch Program
Private Vehicle (1.50 hour(s), 45km)
Private Vehicle (1.75 hour(s), 58km)
Day 4 Kubutambahan (1B, 1D)
Try your hand at Balinese cuisine with an included cooking lesson. Opt to trek around the village, visit a waterfall or swim in a natural spring, or check out a nearby dragon fruit farm.
Cooking Demonstration and Meal
Day 5 Kubutambahan/Ubud (1B)
Enjoy a morning at leisure to explore or relax. Later, travel to cultural Ubud, visiting the picturesque Gitgit waterfall en route.
Gitgit Waterfall Visit
Private Vehicle (1.00 hour(s), 27km)
Private Vehicle (2.00 hour(s), 63km)
Day 6 Ubud (1B)
Check out the monkey forest before exploring more of Ubud with free time. Opt to take a yoga class, get a massage, or visit the numerous temples, rice paddies, and markets. In the evening, opt to take in a traditional Kecak dance performance.
Monkey Forest Visit
Day 7 Ubud/Gili Trawangan (1B)
Transfer to Padang Bai and catch a fast boat to the laid-back island of Gili Trawangan. Beautiful Gili T is home to clear waters and an assortment of beachfront bars, and – best of all – the island doesn't allow motorized vehicles. Enjoy the rest of the day to explore.
Private Vehicle (1.25 hour(s), 40km)
Boat (2.00 hour(s), 60km)
Day 8 Gili Trawangan (1B)
Spend another day in paradise. Chill out at a café, rent a bike and cruise around, or just kick back and relax on the beach. This evening, enjoy a final night out with the group.
Day 9 Gili Trawangan (1B)
Depart at any time.
Want to take the hassle out of getting back to Bali? Book the Bali Express post-tour Extra. Speak to your Global Connection Officer or travel agent to book.
Add the “Bali Express: Gili Trawangan to Kuta” to your adventure and make your way back to Bali with the guidance of a CEO. This nifty post-tour Extra includes a fast boat and land transfer to get you back to Kuta. Speak to your Global Connection Officer or travel agent to book.
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Important Notes
- Medical Form
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- Solo Travellers
- About Accommodation
- Multi-share Accommodation: Multi-share same-sex accommodation is used on this tour, as such, if you are travelling with someone of a different gender you will not be in the same room. For private accommodation please see tours in our Classic Travel Style.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 June 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 4905476 when you call.