Highlands of Ecuador
If you’re short on time it doesn’t mean your cultural experience in Ecuador shouldn’t be colossal. This 8-day tour mixes exciting stuff like cities listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites, lively markets, and natural wonders like Cotopaxi volcano, so you get to soak in impressive cityscapes as well as sweeping vistas like a well-travelled, insightful sponge.
Your tour to Quito includes:
- Otavalo Handicrafts Market visit. Cotopaxi volcano stay. Cotopaxi National Park visit. Devil's Nose train excursion. Orientation walk of Cuenca. Internal flight. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- 7 breakfasts
- Hotels (5 nts), rustic mountain lodge (2 nts).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 16, avg 12
- Local bus, plane, private vehicle.
Day 1 Quito
There are no planned activities before an evening welcome meeting.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Quito/Otavalo (1B)
Explore the largest handicraft market in South America, Otavalo market. Villagers from the surrounding countryside come every week to sell handmade goods as well as livestock, fruits, and vegetables.
Otavalo Handicrafts Market Visit
Local bus (2.00 hour(s))
Day 3 Otavalo/Cotopaxi (1B)
Travel by bus to Cotopaxi National Park. In the afternoon, opt to explore the area or mountain bike with views of Cotopaxi Volcano. Spend the night in a mountain lodge near the national park.
Private Vehicle (4.00 hour(s))
Day 4 Cotopaxi/Alausí (1B)
In the morning, visit Cotopaxi National Park before continuing on to Alausi.
Cotopaxi National Park Visit
Private Vehicle (4.50 hour(s))
Day 5 Alausí/Cuenca (1B)
Board a train for an included excursion bound for the Devil's Nose, enjoy the ride on the switchbacks carved into the mountainside. After, head to Cuenca and marvel at its colonial architecture.
Devil's Nose Excursion
Local bus (3.00 hour(s))
Day 6 Cuenca (1B)
Explore the city’s sights, including cobblestoned streets, red-tiled roofs, art galleries, flower markets, shaded plazas, and museums.
Day 7 Cuenca/Quito (1B)
Fly back to Quito and enjoy the night in this historical city.
Plane (1.00 hour(s))
Day 8 Quito (1B)
We recommend booking pre or post nights in Quito for additional time to explore. The optional activities may require additional time, speak to your CEO for assistance booking these activities on trip.
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- Important Notes
- Please note that some trips could be a combination of multiple G Adventure tours. You should expect some group members to join or leave the tour between tour segments.
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that an average level of fitness and mobility is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our leaders work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. Please note that all passengers traveling to Antarctica are required to fill out this questionnaire. The medical questionnaire can be found online at .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- All local flights are included in the cost of your tour unless otherwise noted. It is important that we have your passport information at the time of booking in order to process these tickets. Internal flight tickets are issued locally and will be given to you prior to the flight departure.
- Eating is a large part of traveling. Travelling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe solo travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and solo travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 September 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 4901854 when you call.