Ecuador Beaches & Coastal Adventure
Cities, beach, exploring, beach – we know the choice between kickin’ it on the shore and seeing all those sites can be a tough one, so we got rid of the struggle. Exploring highlights along Ecuador’s scenic coast will give you that laid-back vibe with a little extra sweetness when you get to stop at a cacao-farming hacienda. With time to see the colonial cities of Quito and Cuenca, you can then chill out in surfer’s paradise, Montañita. See? Debates aren’t so hard to win after all.
Your tour to Cuenca includes:
- Hands-On: Traditional Cacao Hacienda, Naranjito. Montañita stay. Machalilla NP stay. Internal Flight. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- 6 breakfasts
- Hotels (6 nts).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 16, avg 12
- Local bus, private vehicle, plane.
Day 1 Cuenca
There are no planned activities until the evening welcome meeting.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting with G Representative
Day 2 Cuenca (1B)
Explore the cobblestone streets, enjoy the colonial architecture, or opt to get muddy in nearby mud baths and hot springs.
Day 3 Cuenca/Montañita (1B)
Head to the coastal laid-back surf town of Montañita. En route, stop at a traditional cacao hacienda.
Traditional Cacao Hacienda
Day 4 Montañita/Puerto López (1B)
Head to the beach town of Puerto Lopez and the beautiful Machalilla National Park that surrounds it. There are tons of activities in the area to take part in over the next few days.
Day 5 Puerto López (1B)
Enjoy free time to explore. Optional activities include hiking in Machalilla National Park, relaxing on white-sand beaches, or whale- watching (when in season). Or, opt for the popular day-trip to Isla del Plata, home to a variety of seabirds including blue-footed boobies and fantastic snorkelling that rivals the Galápagos.
Day 6 Puerto López/Quito (1B)
Fly Back to Quito and enjoy free time. Opt to take a city tour, ride the cable car up the nearby volcano, or relax in one of the city's many cafés and restaurants.
Day 7 Quito (1B)
Depart at any time.
We recommend booking pre or post nights in Quito for additional time to explore. The optional activities may require additional time, speak to your CEO for assistance booking these activities on trip.
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Important Notes
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that an average level of fitness and mobility is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our leaders work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. Please note that all passengers traveling to Antarctica are required to fill out this questionnaire. The medical questionnaire can be found online at .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- All local flights are included in the cost of your tour unless otherwise noted. It is important that we have your passport information at the time of booking in order to process these tickets. Internal flight tickets are issued locally and will be given to you prior to the flight departure.
- Eating is a large part of traveling. Travelling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe solo travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and solo travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 December 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 4901852 when you call.