Best of Brazil
Start your Brazilian adventure with a bang in Rio de Janeiro, a city rich in Afro-Portuguese culture and sun kissed beauty. Head to Lapa and dance on the street like there’s no tomorrow, grab a caipirinha and head to Ipanema beach, or climb Corcovado to see the great Christ Redeemer. Land on the cobbled streets of colonial Paraty and venture off the beaten path to Ilha Grande, a quiet island where lush green forests meet untouched sandy beaches. Wind up back in Rio to find the party is still going strong. Starring the best bits of Brazil, you’ll never want to leave this samba-loving country.
Your tour to Rio Grande do Norte includes:
- Arrive in the heaving, hedonistic metropolis of Rio de Janeiro and practice your samba on the streets of Lapa.
- Visit some of Brazil's biggest icons, including Christ Redeemer, Ipanema Beach and Sugarloaf Mountain.
- Party down with the locals in the streets of colonial Paraty, where Portugal meets Brazil, jungle meets sea and relaxation meets adventure.
- After seeing its virgin rainforests, blue lagoons and splendid beaches, you’d never imagine that Ilha Grande had such a treacherous pirate history. Bliss out with two full days to explore this amazing island.
- Breakfasts Included: 1
- Hotel (7 nts)
- Boat,Ferry,Private vehicle,Public bus,Taxi,Van
- Age: min 15
- Group Size: 1 - 16
Day 1 Rio de Janeiro
Bem-Vindos! Welcome to Brazil.
Your adventure begins at 1pm today. Your Tour leader will take you on an orienation wlak around Rio. In the evening there will be a meeting at 6pm.
The locals like to say that 'God made the world in six days, the seventh he devoted to Rio'. In this heaving metropolis, set against the luminescent green of Guanabara Bay and surrounded by the slopes of Sugarloaf and Corcovado, it's hard not to be caught up in the passion of the city's residents (known as Cariocas).
The French were the first to settle here as they logged wood along the Brazilian coast, but they were soon driven out by the Portuguese, who built a fortified town named Sao Sebastiao do Rio de Janeiro and quickly amassed wealth during the gold rush of Minas Gerais. In the 19th century, the Portuguese monarchy fled from the threat of Napoleon in Europe and took up residence in Rio, where they built grand buildings that still stand today.
These days Rio is a fascinating and diverse city best known for its contrasting images of favelas (shanty towns) and the glitz and glamour of Carnaval.
Day 2-3 Paraty
Day 4 Ilha Grande
Today, take a shared transfer to Agra followed by a ferry to the island getaway of Ilha Grande (approximately five hours). This island paradise of pristine beaches and rainforest has been largely untouched by development. There are no private cars or banks on the island, so make sure you bring cash with you. Previously a pirate's lair, a leper colony and a prison for violent criminals, the island has a fascinating history to uncover. The ruins of the prison can still be seen today.
Day 5-6 Ilha Grande
Day 7 Rio de Janeiro
Board a boat to the small port of Mangaratiba today, and from here take a minivan back to Rio de Janeiro. The total journey should take about three-and-a-half hours. The rest of the day is free to explore or simply hit the beach and relax.
Day 8 Rio de Janeiro
Today your South American adventure comes to an end. There are no activities planned and you’re able to depart the accommodation at any time.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 February 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 4873995 when you call.