Alice Springs to Adelaide Overland ex Yulara
Explore the natural wonders of the world's most sunburnt country. From Alice Springs to Adelaide, this journey will see you witness stunning sunsets over Uluru, visit jewel-filled mining towns and find secret oasis' in the middle of the Red Centre. Blossoming with an array of surprisingly unique beauty, from wonderful wildlife to spectacular landscapes, Australia will be sure to enchant and leave visitors yearning for more.
Your tour to Australia includes:
- This trips provides you with the best guides in the business who know the Australian outback like the back of their hand
- Wander through the iconic domes of Kata Tjuta, and gaze in awe at the sacred rock of Uluru
- Dine under the stars and camp within privately owned sites on the red earth of the outback
- Hike through natural amphitheatres, rocky chasms and lush oases in Kings Canyon
- Discover the spiritual importance of the outback landscape to local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities on guided nature walks
- In the opal-mining outpost of Coober Pedy, scorching daytime temperatures have driven the town’s few residents to live in underground ‘dugouts’. Explore the opal mine, hang out with some rescued joeys and spend the night in a subterranean bunker
- Drive the famous Oodnadatta Track
- Breakfasts Included: 6
- Lunches Included: 6
- Dinners Included: 6
- Camping (with basic facilities) (1 night),Multishare Lodge (1 night),Permanent tented camp (with shared facilities) (3 nights),Underground Multishare (1 night)
- Private vehicle
- Age: min 8
- Group Size: 1 - 24
- Uluru & Kata Tjuta National Park Entrance
- Uluru Cultural Centre
- Maruku Arts cultural experience
- Kings Canyon Rim Walk
- Erldunda Emu Farm
- Josephine’s Gallery and Kangaroo Orphanage
- Underground Mine & Opal Tour
- Oodnadatta Track
Day 1 Kata Tjuta/Uluru
Today explore the 36 domes of Kata Tjuta,and as the sun begins to disappear below the horizon, take a glass of sparkling wine and watch the Rock's rich colours change against the backdrop of a blazing Red Centre sunset. Fall in love with the desert sun as it sets over Uluru, then enjoy a hearty meal before curling up in your permanent tent. Tonight you can sleep in a permanent tent or a swag (Aussie bedroll) under the stars.
Note: Total driving time today is around 45 minutes. Total walking time is approximately one hour.
- National park fees
- Kata Tjuta
Day 2 Uluru Sunrise
An early start this morning is rewarded with an Uluru sunrise. While the morning is fresh enjoy a walk around the base of the rock, gaining insights into the land and the local Mala people on an interpretive cultural walk with an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Guide. Once you’ve had lunch, perhaps purchase some art and craft of the First Peoples of Australia, at the Uluru Cultural Centre. Travel onto the exclusive campsite within Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon), where the group will eat and sleep for the night.
Note: Total driving time today is around three and a half hours. Total walking time is approximately two hours (or up to 4 if you do the full 8.5km base walk.)
Day 3 Kings Canyon rim walk
Put your hiking shoes on after breakfast and head out to explore the formations and towering rock faces of Kings Canyon. The sheer size of the canyon is breathtaking. Trek for six kilometres along the Rim Walk, which takes you through a natural amphitheatre, past the striped sandstone domes of the ‘lost city’ and into the green oasis of the Garden of Eden. Stop for lunch before making your way to a campsite on the homestead of Erldunda, where you’ll spend the night.
Note: Total driving time today is around three hours. Total walking time is approximately two and half hours hour.
- Kings Canyon Rim Walk
Day 4 Coober Pedy
Depart early this morning and make your way to Coober Pedy, crossing the Northern Territory/South Australian border on the way (approximately five hours in total). Take a break to stretch your legs and enjoy lunch in the outback town of Marla. Coober Pedy is known as ‘The Opal Capital of the World’ and was one of the locations used to film the third Mad Max movie. Due to extremely hot temperatures in the area most of the town is constructed underground, with residents living in cave-like houses carved into the hillsides.
Upon arrival, take a guided tour of the town, underground opal mine and museum. End the day hanging out with some rescued joeys at Josephine’s Gallery and Kangaroo Orphanage. Tonight stay in a multi-share underground bunkhouse in Coober Pedy.
Note: Total driving time today is around four and a half hours. Total walking time is approximately half an hour.
Day 5 William Creek
Today after breakfast we will travel into areas seldom seen by most tourists as we leave the sealed roads of the Stuart Highway behind us and travel on unsealed roads to one of the remotest towns in the world, William Creek. On the way we will travel through the largest Cattle Station in the world, Anna Creek. As we drive gaze out at the endless horizons as we pass by the lake with the longest name in the world, Lake Cadibarrawirracanna. Arriving into town we will set up camp and have dinner. After dinner lay down in your swag and fall asleep as you count the shooting stars.
Note: Total driving time today is around two hours. Total walking time is approximately half an hour.
Day 6 Quorn
Today will be a long day of driving as we travel the famous Oodnadatta track to Quorn. Along the way we will visit Australia’s Largest lake, Lake Eyre. Visit the outback towns of Marree, Lyndhurst and Hawker. Stay tonight in private accommodation at the Mill Lodge tonight, where you’ll also have dinner.
Note: Total driving time today is around six hours. Total walking time is approximately half an hour.
Day 7 Adelaide
In the morning, eat a big breakfast and hike up one of the many peaks in the Flinders Ranges. Make your way back to Adelaide through the rolling hills and vineyards of the Clare Valley, arriving in the early evening. As your journey comes to an end here, we will drop you at your Adelaide city accommodation.
Note: Total driving time today is around three and a half hours. Total walking time is approximately two hours.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 September 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 4860955 when you call.