Local Living Nepal
There’s no better way to get to know a country than by immersing yourself right into the heart of it, and this Local Living stay in Panauti will allow you to do just that. Make yourself at home in this farming village, steeped in culture and tradition. During your stay you’ll learn all about Nepalese customs and traditions, hearing stories that only locals can tell. Pick up ingredients from surrounding markets and enjoy Nepalese cooking demonstrations from your homestay hosts, all after working up your appetite by hiking though surrounding towns. You’ll leave this village a different person than you arrived (and hopefully a better cook).
Your tour to Kathmandu includes:
- G Adventures for Good: Sisterhood of Survivors Project, Kathmandu. Panauti community walk. Nepali feast. Tamang village hike and local wine tasting. Monastery hike.
- Meals Included
- 4 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners
- Hotels (2 nts), homestay (4 nts).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 15.
- Private vehicle, local bus.
Day 1 Kathmandu
There are no activities planned until an evening welcome meeting.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Kathmandu/Panauti (1L, 1D)
Visit the G Adventures-supported Sisterhood of Survivors project and enjoy a dumpling-making lesson and local lunch. Travel through the scenic hills to Panauti and meet your hosts. Later, help your host family prepare a meal before sitting down together for an evening of delicious food and cultural exchange.
Sisterhood of Survivors Project
Day 3 Panauti (1B, 1L, 1D)
Begin the day with a walk to visit the surrounding communities and learn more about the local way of life. In the evening, gather with the other group members and hosts for a traditional community feast and try your hand at whipping up typical Newari dishes.
Panauti Community Walk
Day 4 Panauti (1B, 1L, 1D)
Enjoy an easy hike to a nearby Tamang village and sample some local wine. Opt for a volleyball game with some free time in the evening.
Tamang Village Hike and Local Wine Tasting
Day 5 Panauti (1B, 1L, 1D)
Board a local bus to Kavre Bhanjyang and begin the hike to Namo Buddha Monastery. Tour the monastery and enjoy a picnic lunch in the hills. Hike back down to Panauti enjoying scenic views along the way.
Local bus (0.75 hour(s))
Day 6 Panauti/Kathmandu (1B, 1L)
After some free time, say good bye to your hosts and travel back to Kathmandu. Tonight, opt for a farewell dinner with the group.
Day 7 Kathmandu
Depart at anytime.
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Important Notes
- 1. DRONES IN NEPAL Please note that drones and the flying of drones are prohibited in Nepal. If you violate these regulations the police may take you into custody.
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that, as a minimum, an average level of fitness and mobility' is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our CEOs work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. The medical questionnaire can be found online at: .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- Eating is a big part of traveling. Travelling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. Included breakfasts will usually be asian style consisting of noodles or congee (rice porridge) or bread and eggs. Vegetarians will be able to find a range of different foods, although in some areas the choice maybe limited. While trekking in remote regions food is included, plentiful and made of fresh local ingredients. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe solo travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and solo travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- Houses in Panauti are generally fairly narrow, multi-storey buildings with a central stairway. Participating households have set aside a room for guests with comfortable beds and clean bathroom facilities (both on the same level) on the 2nd or 3rd floor of their homes. Although simple, rooms are clean, comfortable, and typical of the households in which you are staying. Bathroom facilities may be shared with the family or only for guest use, it depends on the home. Depending on the location, the homes offer lovely views across surrounding fields or a post from which to observe street activity.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 September 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 4382529 when you call.