Trekking Borneo & Beyond
S. E. Asia’s tallest mountain, Mt. Kinabalu, towers over the Sulu Sea and Borneo’s sweeping jungles. In the east of the world’s third largest island Orang-utans populate the trees of Sepilok, whilst on the Malayan Peninsula rivers gush through Taman Negara, cloud forests share the highlands with tea plantations and strawberry farms and the country’s modern capital is melting pot of cultures. We peek behind the green curtain of Malaysia’s primeval forests as we don our hiking boots and go trekking around Borneo and beyond.
Your tour to Asia includes:
- Explore the lowlands, highlands and jungles of Borneo and the Malaysian Peninsula.
- Included: * All Accommodation * All breakfasts, 5 lunches and 2 dinners included * Flights from London (if booking incl. flights)
- Food: You should allow about US$200-300 for food not included. If you fancy a few drinks then you may want to bring a little more as beer and other alcoholic drinks are similar to western prices. Most meals will be basic, based around rice and noodles, although most accommodation does offer a western breakfast of beans, toast and eggs. In the bigger hotels and cities the full range of Western and local foods are available. You can generally avoid the spicier food if you wish. In Kuala Lumpur we will go on a food tour and have the opportunity to experience the country’s diverse culinary heritage. Vegetarians can be catered for but please be aware that choice may be limited outside the main cities and inform us before departure of any special dietary requests. Please note that in Borneo the availability of certain products is minimal or non-existent, for example wheat or dairy-free, please be prepared for this and you may need to bring these from home.
Start in Kuala Lumpur.
Discover Malaysia's culinary delights with a food tour of KL before visiting the Batu Caves.
Broga Hill sunrise trek; transfer to the Cameron Highlands and visit a local tea plantation.
Trek through the montane forests of the Cameron Highlands.
Transfer to Taman Nagara, optional night walk
Canopy Walk; hike up Teresek Hill followed by exhilarating boat ride.
Tabing Trek and Lata Berkoh
Return to Kuala Lumpur; fly to Sandakan; transfer to Sepilok
Visit Sepilok Orang-utan Sanctuary
Follow the Sepilok Laut trail through the rainforest
Transfer to Kinabalu Park with optional visits to Kundasang War Memorial and exploring the Botanical Gardens
Start climbing Mt. Kinabalu towards Laban Rata.
Summit Mt. Kinabablu and return to the start; transfer to our beach resort
Free day to relax by the beach
Trip ends in Kota Kinabalu
Other important information
- Min Age : 16
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 September 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 4370281 when you call.