Mendoza and Bariloche Multisport
Sure, Active adventures in Argentina sound pretty amazing, but when you really think about where they're taking place, they become nothing less than mind-blowing. This nine-day journey through some of the greatest landscapes in Argentina sure will remind you you're somewhere exceptional. Start with a wine cycle (two words that go together beautifully) tour of gorgeous Mendoza before then heading on toward Aconcagua for a full-day trek to its scenic base. Later in Bariloche, opt to go whitewater rafting for an exhilarating way to wrap up a thrilling week away from life.
Your tour to Buenos Aires includes:
- Hands-On: Mendoza Cycling Wine Tour, Mendoza. Aconcagua NP permit. Full-day hike to Aconcagua first camp (Mendoza). Full-day rafting excursion and barbecue lunch (Bariloche). Internal flights. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches
- Hotels (7 nts), overnight bus (1 nt).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 16, avg 12
- Public bus, van, plane.
Day 1 Buenos Aires
Arrive at any time.
Pre nights are recommended to fully enjoy this vibrant city and take part in the optional activities available.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Buenos Aires/Mendoza (1B)
The impressive snow-capped Aconcagua looms in the background of this laid-back city, drawing adventure seekers and wine enthusiasts alike. Famed worldwide for the high quality wine produced in this region, Mendoza makes the perfect base to discover wine country. Enjoy the slow pace of this desert town with large parks, charming plazas, and lively evenings where locals mill about outside the many cafés, bars and restaurants on offer on Avenida Arístides.
Plane (2.00 hour(s))
Day 3 Mendoza (1B, 1L)
The highest peak outside of the Himalayas, Aconcagua, stands 6962m (22841ft) tall. Located roughly 3hrs from Mendoza, Aconcagua Provincial Park is the start point of the trek. Head toward the heart of the Andes, trek through unique landscapes and take in breathtaking views of Aconcagua en route to the camp.
Private Vehicle (3.00 hour(s))
Private Vehicle (3.00 hour(s))
Day 4 Mendoza (1B)
Spend the day cycling through vineyards and stop at wineries en route to sample the world-famous Malbec. In the evening, take an overnight bus to Bariloche.
Mendoza Cycling Wine Tour
Overnight bus (19.00 hour(s))
Day 5 San Carlos de Bariloche (1B)
Towering snow-capped peaks surround Lake Nahuel Huapi, creating the perfect photo at every turn, it's hard to deny that Bariloche is a photographer's paradise. There is plenty to see and do no matter the season. Winter draws skiers and snowboarders from near and far to carve through the excellent snow cover. In summer, hikers and mountain bikers abound taking advantage of the many trails to explore in the area. If that's not enough, Bariloche is Argentina's chocolate capital offering chocolate of all kinds to delight the senses.
Day 6 San Carlos de Bariloche (1B, 1L)
Depart early in the morning for whitewater rafting on Class II/III rapids. Enjoy the thrilling ride and navigate down the river to the Chilean border. En route stop for a traditional barbecue lunch before returning to Bariloche.
Day 7 San Carlos de Bariloche
Enjoy a free day in Bariloche to take advantage of the optional activities in this picturesque town.
Day 8 San Carlos de Bariloche/Buenos Aires (1B)
Fly to the capital city of Argentina, Buenos Aires, the city of Tango! When you are done exploring, settle your weary feet and enjoy a drink in one of the many sidewalk cafes and restaurants. You'll soon begin to understand the contemplative Argentine way of life.
Get together for one last meal—and a final bottle of wine. This will be your last chance to try Argentina's succulent bife and parrilladas, so dig in and enjoy!
Plane (1.50 hour(s), 1640km)
Day 9 Buenos Aires (1B)
Depart at any time.
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Important Notes
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that, as a minimum, an average level of fitness and mobility' is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our CEOs work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. The medical questionnaire can be found online at: .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- All local flights are included in the cost of your tour unless otherwise noted. It is important that we have your passport information at the time of booking in order to process these tickets. Internal flight tickets are issued locally and will be given to you prior to the flight departure. Please Note: Aerolineas Argentinas allows 1 piece of luggage that weighs up to 15kg on internal flights. For every extra kilo the airline will charge $10 per kg at the time of check-in.
- Eating is a big part of traveling. G Adventures understands the importance of breakfast to start your day, we strive to include a basic breakfast wherever possible. A typical breakfast may include toast, coffee and tea, however this may vary depending on the city. Should breakfast not be included, your CEO can suggest some local options. Travelling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. While trekking in remote regions etc. food is included, plentiful and made of fresh local ingredients. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe single travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and single travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 June 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 4341895 when you call.