Morocco Family Holiday with teenagers
This heart-thumping adventure will have the family mountain biking down the slopes of the Atlas Mountains and horse riding on the white sandy beaches of Essaouira. Together experience the hospitality of the local Berber people with a friendly homestay in Aroumd, get lost in the colourful souqs of Marrakech and rest your weary bones in a traditional hammam. If you like your air to be fresh, your days to be active and your adventures, well, full of adventure, then this is the trip for you.
Your tour to Morocco includes:
- Discover the vibrant city of Marrakech from a different perspective, bike through the main sites and enjoy a freshly squeezed orange juice at the end of your trip
- Gallop on horseback through the sandy beaches and mimosa forests of Morocco's coastline
- Ride a mountain bike down the slopes of the Atlas mountains on a fully supported trip
- Relax in a traditional Moroccan Hammam; enjoy a well-deserved massage at the end of your activity-packed week
- Scale the High Atlas Mountains and trek through scenic Berber villages, spending a night in a traditional Berber homestay. Discover the culture and tradition of an indigenous population who have stood the test of time
- Join the nightly carnival of fortune-tellers, snake-charmers, dancers and medicine men in Jemaa el-Fna square
- Breakfasts Included: 6
- Lunches Included: 3
- Dinners Included: 2
- 5 nights hotel,1 night Gite
- Private bus,bicycle,public bus
- Age: min 10
- Group Size: 2 - 16
- Marrakech - City bike tour
- Essaouira - Horse riding
- Aroumd - Mountain bike ride
- Marrakech - Spa session
Day 1 Marrakech
Salaam Aleikum! Welcome to Morocco. Today is arrival day. Explore the wonders of Marrakech with the family before a group meeting and welcome dinner in the evening. You will be able to check in to your hotel early this afternoon.
Marrakech is a feast for the senses. Explore the Medina and the city's seemingly endless mosaic of souqs. Each is devoted to a separate trade: pottery, woodwork, copper, leather, carpets and spices. Perhaps visit the well-known Koutoubia Mosque and its 12th-century minaret, which was the famous prototype for the Giralda tower in Seville. Take a wander through the tropical gardens of the French painter Jacques Majorelle (now owned by Yves Saint Laurent). You might like to check out the Palais Bahia, a superb example of Muslim architecture, or the ruins of the Palais Badi, reputedly one of the most beautiful palaces in the world in its time. The Saadian tombs are a recently uncovered gem of the Medina.
Day 2 Marrakech
After breakfast head out on a two and a half hour bike ride across the mystical city of Marrakech. Travel through the King's Palace, the Medina and then stop at Djeema-El-Fna for a rest and a drink of arguably the best freshly squeezed orange juice anywhere in the world. The bike tour is a great way to see the delights and historical landmarks of the city.
Day 3 Essouaira
Travel by public bus to the Atlantic Coast and the old fishing town of Essaouira, a city where the medina brushes up against the Atlantic Ocean. Sandstone walkways contrast with whitewashed houses, bright blue sky and the sand of the surrounding beaches and dunes, we visit the intriguing Jewish quarter. Head to the fish market for a seafood lunch. Saddle up in the afternoon and enjoy a two hour ride along the beach before returning to Marrakech.
Day 4 Atlas Mountains
Take a scenic drive up to the snow-capped Atlas Mountains, which form part of the Berber territories of the Ourika Valley. The mountains are the colors of the Berbers, with red and orange earth tones that also adorn the local adobe buildings, giving the impression that the entire city rises up from the Earth. Prepare for a thrilling downhill mountain bike ride. Depending on the groups experience there will be a choice between faster downhill roads or easier beginners trails. Rest up with a classic Moroccan lunch of salads, tangines and freshly baked bread. In the evening, enjoy the hospitality of a local Berber family with an overnight stay in Aroumd.
Day 5 Atlas Mountains
Pack some good walking shoes because today involves trekking anywhere up to 2684 metres above sea level. There will be three trail options available, each revealing sweeping views of Imlil and the Atlas Mountains. The group will decide on a trail to hike together. In the afternoon the group descends into the valley and returns to Marrakech for a well-earned rest.
Day 6 Marrakech
This morning we will visit a traditional Hammam and enjoy local treatment and massage before an afternoon that is free to do as you choose. You can relax by the hotel pool or perhaps visit the many souks that Marrakech is famous for and enjoy some haggling.
Day 7 Marrakech
Sadly all good things come to an end. This Moroccan adventure finishes after breakfast today. We suggest taking the time to savour the fascinating sights of Marrakech before you leave.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 18 December 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 4296563 when you call.