Sydney to Brisbane Experience
Think Australia’s out of your league since you’re short on time and cash? Nope! This quick and economical Sydney-to-Brisbane jaunt squeezes tons of excitement into a short time frame at a price that fits any budget. Learn to surf and sip Australia’s viticultural bounty on the coast, then move inland to the Outback to take in rural life in the country music capital of Australia. It’s Oz in a flash for a fraction of the cost.
Your tour to Sydney includes:
- Hands-On: Wine Tour, Hunter valley Hands-On: Surfing Lesson, Byron Bay. Sydney orientation walk. Beach time in Byron Bay. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- 5 breakfasts, 1 dinner
- Hostels (6 nts, multi-share).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 20, avg 16
- Private vehicle, walking.
Day 1 Sydney
There are no planned activities during the day, so check into the hotel and explore the city.
If you arrive early enough, head down to the harbour's edge to 'The Rocks' historic area and the Opera House.
Want to start your Down Under adventure with an adrenaline rush? Add the 'Sydney Adrenaline Bundle' or 'Sydney Bridge Climb' extra to your tour. Get an incredible view of the iconic Sydney Harbour from the top of the Harbour Bridge, then zip through the waterways on a jet boat ride if you book the 'Adrenaline Bundle'. PLEASE NOTE: If booking either of these extras, a pre-night in Sydney is highly recommended as the Bridge Climb starts early in the morning on Day 1.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Sydney (1B)
Enjoy a free day to explore Sydney. Opt to climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge, hop on a jet boat ride through the harbour, or chill out at Bondi Beach.
Day 3 Sydney/Tamworth (1B, 1D)
Travel to the Hunter Valley for a wine tasting before continuing on to Tamworth for a taste of Australian country living.
Due to operational reasons, tours that are scheduled to visit Tamworth between January 23-27, 2018 will be rerouted to Coffs Harbour for the night.
Private Vehicle (2.00-3.00 hours, 170km)
Private Vehicle (3.00-4.00 hours, 240km)
Day 4 Tamworth/Yamba (1B)
Continue north, visiting Raspberry Lookout and Boundary Falls in Gibraltar National Park en route. Once in Yamba, head to the beach for a swim.
Private Vehicle (4.50-5.50 hours, 360km)
Day 5 Yamba/Byron Bay (1B)
After breakfast, travel the coastal road to the stunning surf and arts town of Byron Bay. Enjoy plenty of free time to experience the hippie surfing town. Options are abound — walk to the lighthouse (located on Australia's most easterly point) for a chance to see whales swimming off shore or hang ten with the locals after an included surfing lesson.
Private Vehicle (2.00 hour(s), 128km)
Day 6 Byron Bay
The free time is yours to explore. Walk along the long stunning beach, play in the surf, or simply hang out at the Byron Bay Brewery and people watch. Want to get your adrenaline pumping? Go skydiving, try sea kayaking, or go on a dolphin watch.
Day 7 Byron Bay/Brisbane (1B)
Head north to the capital of Queensland. Tour ends upon arrival to Brisbane in the afternoon.
Stop along the way to Brisbane for a quick break at one of the many surf spots such as the Gold Coast.
Departure Day (Activities)
Private Vehicle (4.00 hour(s), 288km)
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Important Notes
- 1) This tour combines with other G Adventures tours. As such, some staff and travel companions may be continuing together on another G Adventures tour after your trip concludes. 2) Please be aware that wifi and internet access is not as readily available in Australia as in other parts of the world. There are often additional charges to connect to the internet, and speeds may be slower than what you are used to. 3) Over public holidays in Australia and New Zealand (such as Christmas, New Years Day, Easter, and Anzac Day) there may be some limitations of services and disruptions to schedules. In general our tours still operate effectively over public holidays, but there may be closures of optional activities and restaurants, and slight itinerary adjustments in order to provide all tour inclusions.
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that, as a minimum, an average level of fitness and mobility' is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our CEOs work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. The medical questionnaire can be found online at: .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- Please note that most included breakfasts will consist of cereal, milk, bread and spreads, juice, tea and instant coffee. Having a simple breakfast together most days allows us the flexibility to get on the road early and get from point A to B all that much faster.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe solo travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and solo travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- Accommodation will be varied throughout your adventure. When camping on this tour, you will be provided with an Aussie 'swag'—a canvas bedroll with built-in padding and perfect for a night under the stars. Towels and soap are not always provided at overnight stops, so it's best to bring your own for bathing. Bathroom and showering facilities are shared and are very rarely en-suite. Multi-share accommodation, on a single-sex basis (typically 4-6 people per room), is very common in Australia and is the way you will be spending most of your nights. We have specifically chosen unique accommodations to give local flavour to your trip. COUPLES: Please note that due to the types of accommodation used in Australia, couples will likely be split into separate rooms where we use multi-share hostels. Pending availability, couples may be able to pay extra while on tour to have their own room in some destinations. PRE/POST ACCOMMODATION: If booking additional nights before or after your tour, accommodation will be multi-share on a mixed gender basis.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 June 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 3869351 when you call.