Highlights of Chile & Argentina
Looking to discover the best of Chile AND Argentina in one unforgettable experience? These 10 days travelling through gorgeous landscapes and cities are your solution. Visit coastal Valparaíso, get active in the adventure-sport mecca of Pucón, and journey to a genuine gaucho ranch outside of quaint, lakeside Bariloche, before finishing up in the iconic "don't cry for me" cosmopolis of Buenos Aires. Get yourself to this southern part of the world and go home recharged.
10 days from
Your tour to Santiago includes:
- Hands-On: Santiago Region Winery Tour, Santiago. City tour of Santiago. Driving through the Seven Lakes district. Estancia visit and barbecue lunch (full-day). Internal flight. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- 8 breakfasts, 1 lunch
- Hotels (8 nts), overnight bus (1 nt).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 16, avg 12
- Plane, public bus, van.
Day 1 Santiago
Arrival day, no activities planned. The day is free to spend at your leisure exploring the city until our welcome meeting this evening. Santiago is Chile’s largest city and capital, with internationally recognized vineyards and Andean ski resorts very close by.
Should you want more time to explore Santiago and do optional day trips, we highly recommend you book additional pre-nights.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Santiago (1B)
Enjoy an included city tour of Santiago and in the afternoon take some time to go shopping, sit in a cafe or hike to the lookout of Cerro Santa Lucia.
Santiago City Tour
Day 3 Santiago (1B)
In the morning head to the Casablanca Valley, stopping at a winery to indulge in a wine tasting. Then depart for the colourful seaside town of Valparaiso. Enjoy the street art and snap a few pictures of the bright buildings that line the hills. Wander the streets of the city or relax on the beach, before heading back to Santiago. In the evening, board an overnight bus to Pucon.
Santiago Region Winery Tour
Day trip to Valparaiso
Days 4-5 Pucón
Enjoy free time in Pucon to hike Villarica, try whitewater rafting or explore the area by foot.
Day 5 Pucón (1B)
Enjoy more free time to take part in the many activities on offer in Pucón. Opt to soak in the nearby natural thermal pools.
Day 6 Pucón/San Carlos de Bariloche (1B)
Cross the Andes to Argentina. Travel by local bus to San Martin and transfer the rest of the way to Bariloche stopping for photos in the Seven Lake district. Enjoy a free evening in this beautiful waterfront town of Bariloche.
Border Crossing (Chile - Argentina)
Transfer to Bariloche, enjoy the scenery and a couple of photo ops in the Seven Lakes District.
Day 7 San Carlos de Bariloche (1B, 1L)
Transfer to a Gaucho Ranch just outside of Bariloche. Enjoy a barbecue for lunch and take to the saddle with a Gaucho by your side.
Bariloche Gaucho Experience
Day 8 San Carlos de Bariloche (1B)
Enjoy the beautiful area of the Seven Lakes district. Take a hike in the countryside or wander the town, known for its shops and in particular, artisan chocolate.
Day 9 San Carlos de Bariloche/Buenos Aires (1B)
Fly north to the buzzing metropolis that is Buenos Aires, it is a vibrant city full of life.
When you are done exploring, settle your weary feet and enjoy a drink in one of the many sidewalk cafes and restaurants and you will begin to understand the contemplative Argentine way of life. Since Buenos Aires will be your last chance to try the succulent beef, chicken and chorizo parrilladas, dig in and enjoy!
Day 10 Buenos Aires (1B)
Book extra accommodation in Buenos Aires to have more time to explore the city.
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- Important Notes
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that an average level of fitness and mobility is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our leaders work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. Please note that all passengers traveling to Antarctica are required to fill out this questionnaire. The medical questionnaire can be found online at .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- All local flights are included in the cost of your tour unless otherwise noted. It is important that we have your passport information at the time of booking in order to process these tickets. Internal flight tickets are issued locally and will be given to you prior to the flight departure.
- Eating is a big part of traveling. G Adventures understands the importance of breakfast to start your day, we strive to include a basic breakfast wherever possible. This will typically include toast, coffee and tea, however this may vary depending on the city. Should breakfast not be included, your CEO can suggest some local options. Travelling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe solo travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and solo travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- Please note that hot water shortages and power outages can be fairly common in Latin America (even in upgraded hotels and private homes). We appreciate your patience and understanding that these occurrences are outside of our control.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 18 December 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 3859849 when you call.