Costa Rica Quest
Nature called you to Costa Rica – now here you are, suspended in the jungle canopy, locking eyes with a curious monkey. This action-packed tour of Costa Rica’s highlights is perfect for the adventurer with limited time who wants to explore the region’s diversity. Get your adrenaline pumping, follow a trail to the base of a waterfall, melt away in thermal springs or relax on a beach – our CEOs will help you find the secluded spots only the locals know.
Your tour to San Jose - Costa Rica includes:
- G Adventures for Good: Mi Cafecito Coffee Cooperative Tour, Sarapiquí Recharge: Hot Springs, Arenal Volcano. Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve guided tour (Monteverde). All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- 1 lunch
- Hotels (8 nts).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 16, avg 12
- Private vehicle, boat, local bus, walking.
Day 1 San José
There are no activities planned until an evening welcome meeting.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 San José/La Fortuna (1L)
La Fortuna is an excellent base for adventure. Opt to hike the area’s nature trails, swim in chilly La Fortuna waterfall or go canyoneering.
Mi Cafecito Coffee Cooperative Tour
Private Van with Wi-fi
Day 3 La Fortuna
Spend the day getting your adrenaline pumping, viewing local wildlife, marvelling at the Arenal Volcano and getting to know more about Costa Rica in La Fortuna. There are enough activities here to keep you busy all day long.
Day 4 La Fortuna/Monteverde
Travel across Lake Arenal into the mountains and on to Monteverde Cloud Forest.
Arrive to spend time enjoying this nature-lover's paradise.
Day 5 Monteverde
Enjoy a guided tour of Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve. Opt to fly above the trees on a canopy zipline tour, go horseback riding in the hills or drive ATVs off-road.
Santa Elena Cloud Forest Guided Tour
Day 6 Monteverde/Quepos
Travel to the Pacific Coast. Enjoy Quepos or opt to visit Manuel Antonio National Park. The park offers excellent hiking, spectacular views, and abundant wildlife viewing. The park boasts beautiful white-sand beaches and the warm turquoise water. Opt to swim, fish, kayak, surf or take a sailing trip.
Private Van with Wi-fi
Day 7 Quepos
Enjoy a free day to visit Manuel Antonio National Park, sail, snorkel or surf in the Pacific. Opt to kayak through mangroves or relax on the beach.
Day 8 Quepos/San José
Opt to chill at the beach in the morning before the journey by bus back to the capital.
Private Van with Wi-fi
Day 9 San José
Depart at any time.
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- Important Notes
- Costa Rica will not be allowing anyone to enter the country without proof of a departure ticket (bus, airplane, boat, etc.). If you are travelling through a few countries in Central America, you will need to show proof of your itinerary and a departure ticket from your last destination. Please print the itinerary and voucher and bring it with you. Be prepared for rain and lower temperatures during the winter season (June-November), especially in Costa Rica's central valley.
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that, as a minimum, an average level of fitness and mobility' is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our CEOs work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. The medical questionnaire can be found online at: .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- Eating is a big part of traveling. Travelling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. The above information applies to G Adventures group trips. For Independent trips please check the itinerary for details of meals included. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe single travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and single travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 17 December 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 3839685 when you call.