This compact Indian journey will introduce you to three very different northern cities and the colourful rural life of Rajasthan. From the hectic pace of Delhi with its bustling markets, magnificent monuments, and colonial past, travel by private transport to Agra and the mesmerizing beauty of the Taj Mahal — truly one of the wonders of the world. Discover why Jaipur is called the Pink City and get a taste of village life at Dhula village. Photographers and culture lovers won't be disappointed on this classic adventure.
Your tour to Delhi includes:
- G Adventures for Good: Women on Wheels Transfer, Indira Gandhi International Airport G Adventures for Good: City Walk, Delhi. Old Delhi walk with stops at the Jama Masjid, Gurduwara, Chandni Chowk, and Connaught Place. Agra Fort visit. Taj Mahal visit. I'timad-ud-daulah (Baby Taj) entrance. Fatephur Sikri visit. Village stay (Dhula). Jaipur City Palace entrance and guided tours. Amber Fort. Abhaneri stepwell visit. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- No meals included
- Hotels (6 nts), comfortable tented camp (1 nt).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 15, avg 12
- Private vehicle, taxis, auto-rickshaw, cycle-rickshaw.
Day 1 Delhi
Arrive at any time. Arrival transfer included through the G Adventures-supported Women on Wheels project.
Women on Wheels Transfer
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Delhi/Āgra
Enjoy a youth-led walk through the backstreets of Delhi with G Adventures-supported project, City Walk. Observe a different perspective of Delhi while supporting at-risk youth in the community. Later, explore Old Delhi and travel onward to Agra, home of the Taj Mahal.
Old Delhi Guided Walk
Private Vehicle (3.00-4.00 hours, 200km)
Day 3 Āgra
Set eyes on the sparkling Taj Mahal at sunrise before exploring more of this famous landmark. In the afternoon, visit the I'timad-ud-Daulah (Baby Taj) and the Agra Fort, a walled city taken over by the Mughals.
Taj Mahal Visit
Baby Taj Visit
Agra Fort Visit
Day 4 Āgra/Dhula Village
Fatehpur Sikri a stunningly preserved UNESCO site. At Dhula Village you will have the opportunity to learn about local life, opt to play a fun game of cricket, relax in the peaceful atmosphere, or take a cycle to explore the surroundings.
Tonight's accommodation is in spacious and comfortable tents outfitted with beds, lamps, and simple en suite bathrooms.
Fatehpur Sikri Visit
Dhula Village Experience
Private Vehicle (4.00 hour(s))
Day 5 Dhula Village/Jaipur
After marvelling at the beautiful Abhaneri stepwells and learning more about the historical importance of this typical Indian creation, continue to the pink city of Jaipur. Built according to Hindu architectural principles, the city enjoys a unique organization unlike anywhere else in India.
Abhaneri Stepwell Visit
Jaipur Cycle-Rickshaw Tour
Travel to Jaipur, stopping at the Abhaneri stepwells en route.
Private Vehicle (2.00 hour(s), 50km)
Day 6 Jaipur
Enjoy a visit to the Amber Fort, famous for its mixture of Hindu and Muslim architecture. After, visit the City Palace and have a photo opportunity at Hawa Mahal (Palace of the Winds). Opt to check out the Jantar Mantar astronomical site or see a Bollywood film at the famous Art Deco theatre of Raj Mandir.
Amber Fort Visit
City Palace Visit
Day 7 Jaipur/Delhi
Return to Delhi in the afternoon. Enjoy free time to explore more of the city.
Private Vehicle (6.00 hour(s), 260km)
Day 8 Delhi
Depart at any time.
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Important Notes
- 1. CULTURE India is a country which is very different to anything you will have experienced before. Although this means it is not the easiest place to travel, this is also what makes it so special. Pollution, poverty and the crowds can result in initial culture shock but should be seen as an exciting new challenge. During our time here we have come to love this large and wonderfully different country but we know that we should always expect to encounter some difficulties along the way. In India there are very different attitudes to time keeping, public cleanliness, privacy and service. Trains will sometimes be late, plumbing can sometimes be temperamental and power will often just vanish. Optimistic menus turn out to have only one dish available and everyone, just everyone, will want to know your name. If you are able to travel with a lot of patience and a healthy sense of humor, then we know that you - like all of us - will be captivated by what India has to offer. 2. COMBO TRIP Please note that this tour combines with other G Adventures tours. As such, the staff and some travel companions on your tour may have previously been traveling together with G Adventures, prior to Day 1 of your tour. Likewise, some staff and travel companions may be continuing together on another G Adventures tour, after your trip concludes. 3. RAMADAN Depending on the lunar cycle, Ramadan will fall between May 15th and June 14th, 2018. Please note that Ramadan is a month of fasting observed by Muslims throughout the world, during which time the followers of Islam should not eat or drink between sunrise and sunset. Only about 20% of Indians are Muslim, but it is important to note that there may be some limitations to services and disruptions to schedules during Ramadan. Generally our tours still operate effectively during this period and food is available to non-muslims throughout the day. It is important to display increased cultural sensitivity during Ramadan in predominately Muslim areas of India. Please wear loose fitting clothes, that cover knees and shoulders, and try to avoid eating, drinking or smoking in public out of respect for those who can't at that time.
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that, as a minimum, an average level of fitness and mobility' is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our CEOs work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. The medical questionnaire can be found online at: .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- All local flights are included in the cost of your tour unless otherwise noted. It is important that we have your passport information at the time of booking in order to process these tickets. Internal flight tickets are issued locally and will be given to you prior to the flight departure. Please Note: Only 1 piece of luggage that weighs up to 15kgs will be permitted on our internal flights in India. For any extra weight the airline may charge an additional fee at the time of check-in.
- Eating is a big part of travelling. Travelling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. Vegetarians will be able to find a huge range of different foods - India is vegetarian heaven. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe single travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and single travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- A variety of styles of hotels/guest houses are used in India. These can vary in terms of service, efficiency and cleanliness. In many instances they might not be like what you are used to back home. Power cuts can and are a regular occurrence in many places, especially throughout North and Central India. Although a number of hotels have generators there may be times when these won’t work. It is also recommended when you are in your room to lock the door, as staff will sometime enter without reason.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 September 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 3837795 when you call.