Western Australia Discoverer
Looking for a better way to see Western Australia than on a big bus tour? We're here to help. This eight-day tour loops east from Perth to the Esperance region, along the stunning southern coast and back up the west coast through the famous wine region of Margaret River. On top of that, you’ll get a prime mix of hiking and outdoor pursuits, diverse scenery, and deep history. All killer, no filler.
Your tour to Perth includes:
- Hands-On: Surfing Lesson, Margaret River Hands-On: Wine Tasting and Tour, Margaret River. Super Pit gold mine tour (Kalgoorlie). Swag camping in Cape Le Grand NP. Hike the Frenchman's Peak. Rainbow Coast stops. Treetop canopy walk. Ngilgi Cave visit with Aboriginal legends. Busselton jetty stop. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners
- Basic hotels (5 nts), swag camping (2 nt).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 16, avg 12
- Private vehicle, walking.
Day 1 Perth
There are no activities planned until an evening welcome meeting. If you arrive early, opt to visit nearby Freemantle, visit a vineyard at the Swan Valley Wineries, hit the beach at Cottesloe, take a day trip to Rottnest Island to spot the adorable Quokka, or explore the city at your own pace!
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Perth/Kalgoorlie-Boulder (1B)
Drive to Kalgoorlie, the largest town in the region, founded during the gold rush in 1893.
Private Vehicle (8.00-9.75 hours)
Day 3 Kalgoorlie-Boulder/Esperance (1B, 1D)
Continue on to Esperance, taking in the blue ocean and white-sand beaches.
Royal Flying Doctors Visit
Super Pit Gold Mine Visit
Private Vehicle (5.00-5.50 hours, 400km)
Day 4 Esperance (1B, 1L, 1D)
Get out and explore this gorgeous national park. Walk from Rossiter Bay to Lucky Bay and spend time enjoying the area. Visit Hellfire Bay and Thistle Cove before spending some free time enjoying the beaches or hiking around a little more.
Frenchman's Peak Hike
Private Vehicle (1.00 hour(s), 60km)
Private Vehicle (1.00 hour(s), 60km)
Day 5 Esperance/Albany (1B)
The drive to Albany is beautiful in itself. Opt to relax on the beach.
Private Vehicle (7.00 hour(s))
Day 6 Albany/Margaret River (1B)
Head for the Rainbow Coast. Stop to see highlights along the way like the Gap and Natural Bridge. Take a canopy treetop walk. Continue on to Margaret River, a spot famous for its wineries.
Rainbow Coast Sights
Treetop Canopy Walk
Private Vehicle (6.50 hour(s))
Day 7 Margaret River (1B)
Take a surf lesson then head straight to the vineyards. Enjoy a tour and wine tasting at local wineries.
Wine Tasting and Tour
Day 8 Margaret River/Perth (1B)
Visit the Ngilgi Cave to listen to some Aboriginal legends. Stop at the famous jetty in Busselton en route to Perth. Tour ends upon arrival to Perth in the evening. Booking post-tour accommodation is recommended to experience all this city has to offer.
Ngilgi Cave Visit
Busselton Jetty Stop
Departure Day (Activities)
Private Vehicle (3.50 hour(s))
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Important Notes
- 1) Please be aware that wifi and internet access is not as readily available in Australia as in other parts of the world. There are often additional charges to connect to the internet, and speeds may be slower than what you are used to.
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that an average level of fitness and mobility is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our leaders work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. Please note that all passengers traveling to Antarctica are required to fill out this questionnaire. The medical questionnaire can be found online at .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- Eating is a big part of traveling. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility. Our groups tend to eat together for most meals but there is no obligation to so. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe solo travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and solo travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- There are a variety of accommodation on this trip to bring out the unique character of the region you're travelling through. We use 2-3 star hotels and simple hotels/resorts. Some nights will be multi-share and/or use shared facilities.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 October 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 3790696 when you call.