Beijing to Shanghai Adventure
China can be intimidating, what with its Great Wall, Forbidden City, and army of Terracotta Warriors. This eight-day trip will wipe away any worries – you'll have an expert CEO leading the way and you'll hit the highlights in the company of other young travellers. Get a mix of modern and historic with plenty of time to enjoy the nightlife. Best of all, you're in control – see the sights you like and skip the ones you don't – so it's an adventure you'll never forget.
Your tour to Beijing includes:
- Big Night Out: Private Karaoke Session, Suzhou. Excursion to the Great Wall. Orientation walks in Xi'an and Shanghai. Private karaoke session for the group (Suzhou). All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- No meals included
- Hotels (3 nts), Hostels (standard twin/double) (2 nts), sleeper trains (2 nts).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 18, avg 12.
- Train, local bus, walking.
Day 1 Beijing
Arrive at any time.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Beijing
The Chinese capital, Beijing, is one of the world's most impressive and vibrant cities. Spend a day at the Great Wall, a monumental feat of engineering intended to protect China from the northern barbarians.
Great Wall Mutianyu Visit
Day 3 Beijing/Xi'an
Enjoy free time in Beijing before an overnight train to Xi'an.
Train is our main mode of transport in China and it's a great way to travel.
Basic overnight train (beds) (12.00 hour(s))
Day 4 Xi'an
Opt to tour the lovely and unusual Great Mosque (a wonderfully serene place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city), great souvenir stalls, and enjoy some of the best street food in China. The remaining city walls are a great place to watch the sunset or join the locals for ballroom dancing or tai chi in the early morning.
Opt to take a day trip to the Terracotta Warriors, situated a short drive out of town (approximately 1 hr).
Muslim Quarter Orientation Walk
Day 5 Xi'an/Suzhou
Enjoy free time to explore Xi'an, then take an overnight train to Suzhou.
Basic overnight train (beds) (14.00-16.00 hours)
Day 6 Suzhou
Visit Suzhou, the "Venice of the East." Opt to explore the Master of the Nets Garden, one of China's most exquisite gardens. In the evening, let loose like the locals with a karaoke session in a private room for the group; this is sure to be a memorable night!
Private Karaoke Session
Day 7 Suzhou/Shanghai
Shanghai is the most modern of Chinese cities. Go shopping on the famous Nanjing Road or stroll along the Bund district with its many riverside historical buildings.
Orientation Walk of the Bund
Bullet train (2.00 hour(s))
Day 8 Shanghai
Depart at any time.
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Important Notes
- 1. LUGGAGE As we use (sometimes crowded) local transport please note backpacks are much more suitable than suitcases for this style of trip. Train travel means that bags have to be stowed either overhead or under beds, so travelling as light as possible is recommended. 2. COMBO TRIP Please note that this trip is a combination of multiple G Adventures tours. As such, the staff and/or particular vehicles operating your tour may change between tour segments. You may also expect some group members to join or leave the tour, between tour segments.
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that, as a minimum, an average level of fitness and mobility' is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our CEOs work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. The medical questionnaire can be found online at: .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- Eating is a big part of traveling. Travelling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. Included breakfasts will usually be asian style consisting of noodles or congee (rice porridge) or bread and eggs. Vegetarians will be able to find a range of different foods, although in some areas the choice maybe limited. While trekking in remote regions food is included, plentiful and made of fresh local ingredients. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe single travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and single travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- A variety of styles of hostels/guest houses are used on this trip. In many instances they might not be like what you are used to back home as service and efficiency can vary. In some areas we stay in local guest houses in stunning locations - rooms are small and simple and there may only be shared toilet facilities and showers. Multi-share Accommodation: Multi-share same-sex accommodation is used on this tour, as such, if you are travelling with someone of a different gender you will not be in the same room. For private accommodation please see tours in our Classic Travel Style.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 June 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 3697892 when you call.