Costa Rica Encounter Independent Adventure
See two sides of Costa Rica's incredible natural playground. Get your fill of outdoor adventure around Arenal Volcano with everything from world-class rafting to volcano-heated hot springs, then check out Manuel Antonio, home to the country's most popular national park. With protected beaches, awe-inspiring wildlife and great nightlife, it's easy to see why this is such a beloved place.
Your tour to San Jose - Costa Rica includes:
- Arrival transfer. Transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- No meals included
- Hotel (7 nts)
- Group Size Notes
- Shared shuttle/van.
Day 1 San José
You will be met at San José International Airport and transferred to your hotel for the night. There are no planned activities, so enjoy the city on your own.
Welcome Meeting for Independent Trips
You will be met at the airport and transferred to the hotel to start your adventure.
Arrival Airport Transfer
Day 2 San José/La Fortuna
Transfer to the Arenal region. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure and opt to soak in the hot springs.
Day 3 La Fortuna
There are lots of optional tours available. La Fortuna is one of the centres of adventure travel in Costa Rica. Options include river rafting, mountain biking, caving, or horseback riding. Don’t forget about the hot springs, heated directly by Arenal Volcano's lava.
Day 4 La Fortuna/Quepos
Travel southwest to the lush tropical shores of the Pacific coast.
Days 5-6 Quepos
If you are interested in activities, opt to visit Manuel Antonio NP. Although this is Costa Rica’s smallest national park, it is also one of the most popular and it won’t take you long to see why. It has fabulous beaches, abundant wildlife, and a great trail system for those who want to spend some time hiking and then cooling off in the ocean.
Day 7 Quepos/San José
Transfer back to the capital for the last night.
Day 8 San José
Depart at any time.
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Important Notes
- 1) PROOF OF DEPARTURE Costa Rica will not be allowing anyone to enter the country without proof of a departure ticket (bus, airplane, boat, etc.). If you are travelling through a few countries in Central America, you will need to show proof of your itinerary and a departure ticket from your last destination. Please print the itinerary and voucher and bring it with you. 2) WELCOME MEETING If you arrive between the hours of 9am and 9pm, a G Adventures CEO will meet you for a brief welcome meeting before you head out on your own. Should you arrive before or after these hours, a complete welcome packet will be left for you at your hotel.
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that, as a minimum, an average level of fitness and mobility' is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. The medical questionnaire can be found online at: .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- If required all local flights are included in the cost of your tours unless otherwise noted. It is important that we have your passport information at the time of booking in order to process these tickets. Internal flight tickets are issued locally and will be given to you prior to the flight departure.
- Eating is a big part of traveling. Travelling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. For Independent trips please check the itinerary for details of meals included. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe single travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and single travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- A variety of accommodation standards are available for Independent tours, see your dossier for the accommodation class specific to your tour. Please remember that hotel/lodge/resort standards can be different from what you are used to in your home country, which is part of the appeal of adventure travel . Porterage is not included, but can be arranged directly at most hotels.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 15 December 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 3626595 when you call.