Local Living Ecuador—Amazon Jungle
The Amazon Rainforest is so full of life; embrace it for yourself during a week unlike any other. From Quito, you’ll travel to your new home in the jungle and meet the Quichua family who will host you in their village for the next four nights. Discover waterfalls on jungle walks and travel to an animal rescue centre by canoe. You’ll learn about medicinal plants and how to use a blowgun, experience a shaman ceremony, and walk to a jungle waterfall. Most importantly, you’ll befriend people few outsiders have the honour to even meet.
Your tour to Quito includes:
- Local Living: Amazon Jungle Experience, Tena Recharge: Mud Mask Therapy, Tena Hands-On: Chocolate Culinary Experience, Tena Hands-On: Blowgun Contest and Demo, Tena. Visit to AmaZOOnico Animal Rescue Centre. Walks to a viewpoint and a waterfall. Medicinal plants jungle walk. Shamanic Ceremony. Cultural night including a jungle marriage ceremony. Transport between destinations and included activities.
- Meals Included
- 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners
- Rustic jungle lodge (4 nts), hotel (2 nts).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 16, Avg 10
- Local bus, motorized canoe, pickup truck, walking.
Day 1 Quito
Arrive at any time.
Booking pre- or post-trip accommodation is highly recommended to fully experience the city and take advantage of the many optional activities available.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Quito/Tena (1D)
Travel by bus and truck into the Amazon Jungle. Spend the next 4 nights in rustic wooden huts with a local Quichua family in their small village. Walk to a viewpoint and get a natural mud face mask treatment.
Amazon Jungle Experience
Mud Mask Therapy
Local bus (6.00 hour(s), 189km)
Day 3 Tena (1B, 1L, 1D)
Guided walk to a waterfall then return home for a cacao culinary experience and tasting. Learn about medicinal plants on an afternoon jungle walk.
Amazon Jungle Experience
Chocolate Culinary Experience
Day 4 Tena (1B, 1L, 1D)
Morning car and canoe ride to the AmaZOOnico Animal Rescue Centre. Free time in the afternoon to relax in the jungle.
AmaZOOnico Animal Rescue Centre Visit
Amazon Jungle Experience
Day 5 Tena (1B, 1L, 1D)
Visit the local community in the morning and learn about daily jungle life. Experience a shamanic healing ceremony and a mock jungle marriage ceremony during the final evening in the jungle.
Whitewater rafting is an option instead of the artisan crafts session.
Jungle Wedding Ceremony
Shamanic Healing Ceremony
Amazon Jungle Experience
Day 6 Tena/Quito (1B)
Enjoy a blowgun demonstration and participate in a contest to show off new found skills. Say goodbye to Delfin and his family, then travel back to Quito.
Blowgun Contest and Demo
Local bus (6.00 hour(s))
Day 7 Quito
Depart at any time.
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Important Notes
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that, as a minimum, an average level of fitness and mobility' is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our CEOs work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. The medical questionnaire can be found online at: .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- Eating is a big part of traveling. Travelling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. Please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe single travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and single travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- The Pimpilala Lodge is located in the Amazon jungle, 45 minutes from Tena. The lodge offers varied basic accommodation in rustic wooden huts or bungalows, both with mosquito nets. All travellers will have access to shared showers (no hot water) and toilets outside of the rooms, but located very near by. A local family lives in the main lodge and they encourage people to hang out and see how they cook. A common area with hammocks is a popular place to relax.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 June 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 3626528 when you call.