Galápagos Express Camping Adventure
The Galápagos Islands aren't just all about cruising – try a camping experience on for size! Over a week’s time and beginning and ending right in the heart of the action (the islands, of course), you’ll stay active by snorkelling, diving, and hiking diverse terrain before slowing things down with wildlife exploration in the company of an expert Naturalist Guide. At the end of the day, you’ll camp out surrounded by the sounds of island wildlife. With plenty of options to stick around after the trip’s done (or show up early for some independent adventuring beforehand), this is the perfect express trip for a most excellent Galápagos experience.
Your tour to Puerto Ayora includes:
- G Adventures for Good: Floreana Community Restaurants, Floreana Island G Adventures for Good: Floreana Community Guesthouse, Floreana Island. Highlands and lava tunnels (Santa Cruz Island). Highlands visit (Floreana Island). Loberia snorkelling excursion. Visit to Flamingo Lagoon and Tortoise Breeding Centre (Isabela Island). Hike to Sierra Negra Volcano. Charles Darwin Research Station (Santa Cruz Island). Isabela Municipal Tax. Opportunities for snorkelling, swimming, and incredible wildlife encounters. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- 6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
- Camping (3 nts), G Adventures-supported community guesthouse (2 nts), multi-share hostel (1 nt).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 16, avg 12
- Speedboat, pickup truck, public bus, and private vehicle.
Day 1 Puerto Ayora/Santa Cruz Island (1L, 1D)
Enjoy a day on Santa Cruz island and head to the highlands to see giant tortoises in the wild and hike to the lava tunnels.
Lava Tunnels Visit
Highlands Giant Tortoises Visit
Santa Cruz Highlands Camping
Day 2 Santa Cruz Island/Floreana Island (1B, 1D)
In the morning, visit the Charles Darwin Station to see Galápagos giant tortoises. After, transfer by speedboat to Floreana Island. Get settled at the G Adventures-supported community guesthouse and opt to explore the small town or catch the sunset at Playa Negra beach.
Please note that travel between islands is done by speedboat. The ride can be quite rough, especially from July to December. Make sure to bring sea sickness medication if you are prone to sea sickness.
Charles Darwin Research Station Visit
Floreana Community Restaurants
Floreana Community Guesthouse
Day 3 Floreana Island (1B, 1L, 1D)
Enjoy an included snorkelling excursion to Loberia, and visit the highlands of Floreana.
Loberia Snorkelling Excursion
Floreana Highlands Excursion
Floreana Community Restaurants
Floreana Community Guesthouse
Day 4 Floreana Island/Isabela Island (1B, 1D)
Take a speedboat over to Isabela Island and hike the Sierra Negra Volcano for spectacular views from above.
Isabela Highlands Camping
Sierra Negra Volcano Hike
Day 5 Isabela Island (1B)
Enjoy free time in the morning for optional activities, opt to go snorkelling, surfing or hit the beach. In the afternoon, visit the Flamingo Lagoon and the Tortoise Breeding Centre.
Flamingo Lagoon Visit
Isabela Highlands Camping
Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre Visit
Day 6 Isabela Island/Santa Cruz Island (1B)
Transfer by speedboat back to Santa Cruz Island, and enjoy a night in the town of Puerto Ayora. Hike to beautiful Tortuga Bay, and opt to go kayaking or just lounge on the beach.
Please note, the accommodation for the night is multi-share in a hostel.
Tortuga Bay Hike
Day 7 Puerto Ayora (1B)
Depart at any time.
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Important Notes
- ADD-ON 1) This trip can be booked on its own or as an add-on to many of our Galápagos Islands yacht based adventures. Please speak to your sales CEO about how you can mix and match with other programs. 2) ITINERARY The itinerary is subject to further changes dependent upon new regulations made by the Galápagos National Park or seasonal points of interest. 3) GALÁPAGOS ISLAND PARK ENTRY FEE The Ecuadorian government currently levies a Galápagos Islands Park entry fee of $100 USD per person. This is payable at the airport upon arrival in the park. It is not included in the cost of the tour, and must be paid in CASH. This fee funds Park maintenance and supervision in Galápagos, as well as ecological study, conservation and infrastructure development in Ecuador's other National Parks. Entry fees and the funds they generate for the National Park System are among measures taken by the Ecuadorian government to protect its natural heritage. 4. The Consejo de Gobierno (local government council) have implemented a system of Transit Control Cards at a fee of $20 USD per person. This card is to be purchased in CASH at a counter in the Quito airport before boarding the flight to the Galapagos. Please retain this card along with your passport as you will be required to present this upon arrival to the Galapagos Islands. Please note that this applies to all tourists entering the Galapagos Islands and is a supplement to the existing entry fee to the National Park and is not controlled by tour operators or travel agencies. It is the first of a number of initiatives to track, control and maintain the sustainable tourism targets set out by the Galapagos National Park and the Ecuadorian government in an attempt to preserve the fragile environment of the archipelago. 5. All travellers are required to pay the tax on domestic flights in Ecuador. Foreign travellers are exempt form this, and proving you are indeed a foreign traveller can be done by providing us with your international ticket number (ITN). Travellers who do not submit international ticket numbers at least 30 days prior to Day 1 of their tour will be required to pay the domestic tax on all included flights.
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that an average level of fitness and mobility is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our leaders work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. Please note that all passengers traveling to Antarctica are required to fill out this questionnaire. The medical questionnaire can be found online at .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- Eating is a big part of traveling. Travelling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your leader will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe solo travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and solo travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- We camp at private campsites on the various islands, each with shared bathroom facilities with toilets, showers and sinks. All camping equipment (with the exception of your sleep sheet and pillow) is supplied, including camp mattresses and sleeping bags. G-supported Floreana Guesthouse We are investing in community training and infrastructure to develop the first ecological, community tourism program in the Galapagos Islands that sees both the islands small entrepreneurs and its unique wildlife as the primary beneficiaries of this project.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 February 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 3626521 when you call.