Speed is the watchword for this high-adrenaline active tour around Ecuador. Across nine action-packed days, you’ll bike near Cotopaxi (an Andean stratovolcano), raft down rushing rivers, trek the lush foothills of Baños, and much, much more. Best of all, you’ll always travel with an experienced and passionate CEO who knows the quickest and most scenic routes to wherever you’re headed. Remember, you’re here for a great time, not a long time; slather on that sunscreen, strap on your helmet, and hit the road/trail/surf!
Your tour to Quito includes:
- Whitewater rafting excursion on the Jatunyaku River in the Amazon Jungle (full-day). Trekking in Llanganates NP. Mountain bike excursion. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 1 dinner
- Hotels (7 nts), camping (1 nt)
- Group Size Notes
- Max 16, Avg 10.
- Public bus, private van, hiking, biking, rafting.
Day 1 Quito
Arrive at any time.
Visitors arriving in Quito will likely feel the effects of the altitude. Symptoms include shortness of breath, headaches, general lethargy, and a reduced appetite. This is no cause for alarm; it is simply your body’s way of coping with the altitude. It may take a little time to acclimatize, but before long you probably will not even notice it. Take it easy for the first day or two, and reduce alcohol and cigarette consumption to minimize the effects. Be sure to drink plenty of water and do not attempt too much in any given day.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Quito/Tena (1B)
Travel by bus into the Amazon Basin and enjoy the incredible scenery en route to the jungle town of Tena. Watch as it changes from towering mountains to lush jungle, passing by waterfalls and deep river valleys.
Day 3 Tena (1L)
Navigate the wild Jatunyaku River in the surrounding lush cloud forest. The cool water and air make this an excellent change from the tropical Amazon climate. Return to Tena for the night.
Jatunyacu River Whitewater Rafting Excursion
Day 4 Tena/Baños
The town is the perfect setting for outdoor pursuits, including horseback riding, canyoneering, hiking and rafting on the Patate River.
Day 5 Baños/Llanganates National Park (1L, 1D)
Llanganates National Park Trek Day 1
Day 6 Llanganates National Park/Baños (1B)
Continue trekking and return by foot to the entrance of Llanganates National Park to take a transfer back to Baños. Enjoy a delicious lunch waiting for you upon your return. Opt to visit local hot springs to relax and rest aching muscles.
Llanganates National Park Trek Day 2
Day 7 Baños/Lasso
Enjoy a free morning in Baños to explore the area on foot or take on one of the many optional activities that the region has to offer. After lunch, the group will travel by public bus through spectacular Andean scenery arriving at a hacienda, near the base of Cotopaxi Volcano. Enjoy a choice between a biking excursion through Polilepys forest or horseback riding with views of the volcano.
Biking Excursion or Horseback Riding
Day 8 Lasso/Quito (1B, 1L)
First thing in the morning, travel by private van into the national park to start the trek up to the refuge. Take in changing park scenery, and keep an eye out for wildlife along the way. Visit Limpiopungo lake for a boxed lunch. Enjoy lunch and catch your breath before transferring back to the capital city for a final night out on the town.
Cotopaxi National Park Visit
Day 9 Quito (1B)
Depart at any time.
We recommend booking pre or post nights in Quito for additional time to explore. The optional activities may require additional time, speak to your CEO for assistance booking these activities on trip.
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Important Notes
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that, as a minimum, an average level of fitness and mobility' is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our CEOs work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. Please note that all passengers traveling to Antarctica are required to fill out this questionnaire. The medical questionnaire can be found online at: .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- Eating is a big part of traveling. G Adventures understands the importance of breakfast to start your day, we strive to include a basic breakfast wherever possible. A typical breakfast may include toast, coffee and tea, however this may vary depending on the city. Should breakfast not be included, your CEO can suggest some local options. Travelling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. While trekking in remote regions etc. food is included, plentiful and made of fresh local ingredients. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe single travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and single travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 February 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 3626517 when you call.