Brazil & Argentina on a Shoestring
Experience the treasures of Argentina and Brazil in this jam-packed trip. From tango in Buenos Aires to sun and surf in Rio, explore two of the continent’s most vibrant capitals. Marvel at the majesty of Iguassu Falls and let its power engulf you. Our CEOs will take you to the highlights on a shoestring and then let you loose so you can do what you want. You’ll stick to public buses, which not only keeps costs down but give you a chance to really meet the locals.
Your tour to Buenos Aires includes:
- Entrance and visit to both the Argentine and Brazilian side of Iguassu Falls. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- 4 breakfasts
- Simple hotels (7 nts, some multi-share), hostel (1 nt), overnight buses (2 nts).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 18, avg 14.
- Local bus, minivan, taxi, walking.
Day 1 Buenos Aires
Known as the ‘Paris of the Americas', Buenos Aires is a vibrant city full of life. Visit the districts of La Boca, Recoleta, and San Telmo or catch a tango show at one of the many famous tanguerías. Wander the pedestrian walkways and see some dancing in the streets. Whatever you do, Buenos Aires is sure to leave lasting memories.
Booking pre- or post-trip accommodation is highly recommended to allow time for activities and to fully experience this vibrant city.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Buenos Aires
Explore the cosmopolitan city before hopping on an overnight bus.
Day 3 Iguassu Falls
Enjoy a free day to relax after the long journey.
Border Crossing (Argentina - Brazil)
Day 4 Iguassu Falls
Explore the Brazilian side of Iguassu Falls, then enjoy free time in the afternoon.
Iguassu Falls (Brazil Side) Guided Tour
Day 5 Iguassu Falls
Full day excursion to the Argentina side of the falls. Opt to take a boat tour to see the cascading falls from below.
If you have booked the Iguassu Falls Boat Ride Theme Pack, today's the day! Your CEO will give you details about timing and what to bring.
Border Crossing (Brazil - Argentina)
Iguassu Falls Visit
Border Crossing (Argentina - Brazil)
Day 6 Iguassu Falls
Enjoy a free half-day to further explore the area and then board an overnight bus to Paraty with a transfer in São Paulo.
Day 7 Paraty
Enjoy time here exploring the cobblestone streets, taking an optional sailing trip or walking along one of the many fabulous beaches in the area. Other options include historical "fazenda" tours and cachaça distillery visits (local drink) as well as plenty of great souvenir shopping!
Days 8-9 Paraty
Enjoy the beach life, and spend the day exploring the sand and sea.
Day 10 Paraty/Rio de Janeiro (1B)
Travel north along the coast through superb scenery before rounding the cliffs at Vidigal. Get a first glimpse of one of the most memorable cities in the world, Brazil’s oceanside jewel, Río de Janeiro. Enjoy any free time by taking an optional city tour or exploring the wonders that this city has to offer from the centrally-located hostel in Copacabana.
The hostel has private rooms with private bathrooms for travellers, but please note the common areas are shared with other guests of the hostel.
Day 11 Rio de Janeiro (1B)
If you are interested in exploring the city and its nearby attractions, it is recommended you book additional post-trip accommodation nights.
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Important Notes
- Please note that during time of South-American festivals and High Season (particularly Carnival and New Years), accommodation on this tour may be multi-share. Looking to add to your experience? Check out our Theme Packs! Specially designed for travellers with unique interests, theme packs are optional add-ons to your G adventures trip that make your adventure more you-centric. Theme Packs must be booked prior to departure, please see details in our optional activities field and ask you sales CEO.
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that, as a minimum, an average level of fitness and mobility' is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our CEOs work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. The medical questionnaire can be found online at: .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- If required all local flights are included in the cost of your tours unless otherwise noted. It is important that we have your passport information at the time of booking in order to process these tickets. Internal flight tickets are issued locally and will be given to you prior to the flight departure.
- Eating is a big part of traveling. G Adventures understands the importance of breakfast to start your day, we strive to include a basic breakfast wherever possible. A typical breakfast may include toast, coffee and tea, however this may vary depending on the city. Should breakfast not be included, your CEO can suggest some local options. Travelling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. While trekking in remote regions etc. food is included, plentiful and made of fresh local ingredients. Note: Food is generally considered to be more expensive in Argentina and Brazil than in most other South American Countries.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe single travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and single travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 18 December 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 3626508 when you call.