Iguassu & Beyond
For the nature lover who also wants to explore the nightlife of the urban jungle and have plenty of time on the beach, this nine-day adventure offers the perfect combination of natural beauty and cosmopolitan culture. Travel from the tango palaces of Buenos Aires to the samba pulse of Rio de Janeiro and discover spectacular wilderness in between. Encounter thundering Iguassu Falls with views from both Argentina and Brazil. Then continue to the coast and soak in the sun on Ilha Grande's beaches and colonial culture in Paraty. Go beyond a vacation—and step into adventure!
Your tour to Buenos Aires includes:
- Iguassu Falls visit (Brazil and Argentina). Internal flights. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- 8 breakfasts
- Hotels (8 nts).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 16, avg 12
- Plane, shared van, ferry.
Day 1 Buenos Aires
If you arrive early, start exploring! Later, grab a seat and enjoy a drink at one of the city's many sidewalk cafés and restaurants.
Pre nights are recommended to fully enjoy this vibrant city and take part in the optional activities available.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Buenos Aires/Foz do Iguaçu (1B)
Fly to Iguassu Falls for two full days of exploration from both the Argentine and Brazilian sides.
Border Crossing (Argentina - Brazil)
Iguassu Falls (Brazil Side) Guided Tour
Head to the airport and fly north to the Argentine side of Iguassu Falls. Continue on to the border from there.
Climb aboard and drive to the Brazilian side of Iguassu Falls for a little exploration.
Day 3 Foz do Iguaçu (1B)
Explore trails that will bring you directly over the falls of the Devil's Throat—the highest and deepest of the falls. Other trails allow access to the stretch of falls across the forest on the Argentine side. Opt to take an inflatable boat to the base of the thundering falls.
Border Crossing (Brazil - Argentina)
Iguassu Falls Visit
Border Crossing (Argentina - Brazil)
Day 4 Foz do Iguaçu/Paraty (1B)
On arrival in São Paulo, continue on by bus to the gorgeous coastal town of Paraty. Wander the cobblestoned streets, take a boat trip to the nearby islands in the bay, or visit one of the many white-sand beaches that make Brazil famous.
An early morning flight gets you Paraty with plenty of time to explore.
Enjoy the drive to São Paulo, stopping for lunch along the way.
Day 5 Paraty (1B)
Paraty is a quaint colonial town renowned for its architecture—the pace might be slow but there's a lot to choose from. Considered one of the world's most important examples of Portuguese colonial architecture by UNESCO, the historic centre is a well-preserved national historic monument, and today has been closed to vehicles to preserve its laid-back colonial ambiance. Opt to take a caipirinha boat trip, regular boat trips, kayaking, horseback riding, or take a jeep tour.
Day 6 Paraty/Ilha Grande (1B)
A short, scenic drive along the coast takes us to Angra dos Reis. Board the ferry to Ilha Grande—home to some of Brazil's most beautiful beaches.
Enjoy free time to soak up the sun, snorkel, hike and cruise to various beaches, not to mention feast on fresh seafood and sip caipirinhas in the plaza in the evenings.
Day 7 Ilha Grande (1B)
Enjoy a free day in Ilha Grande. Optional activities include hiking Pico Do Papagalo or Lopez Mendez, snorkelling or relaxing on the beach.
Day 8 Ilha Grande/Rio de Janeiro (1B)
Travel back to the mainland by ferry before continuing north along the coast. Enjoy the incredible scenery before rounding the cliffs at Vidigal. Get your first look at one of the most memorable cities in the world—Río de Janeiro.
Enjoy the incredible scenery before rounding the cliffs at Vidigal. Get your first look at one of the most memorable cities in the world—Río de Janeiro.
Day 9 Rio de Janeiro (1B)
There are no planned activities today so feel free to book onward travel at any time. Not ready to leave? Your CEO can help with travel arrangements to extend your adventure.
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Important Notes
- LUGGAGE WEIGHT RESTRICTIONS Please note that Aerolineas Argentinas allows 1 piece of luggage that weighs up to 15kg on internal flights. For every extra kilo the airline will charge $10 per kg at the time of check-in.
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that, as a minimum, an average level of fitness and mobility' is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our CEOs work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. The medical questionnaire can be found online at: .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- All local flights are included in the cost of your tour unless otherwise noted. It is important that we have your passport information at the time of booking in order to process these tickets. Internal flight tickets are issued locally and will be given to you prior to the flight departure.
- Eating is a big part of traveling. G Adventures understands the importance of breakfast to start your day, we strive to include a basic breakfast wherever possible. This will typically include toast, coffee and tea, however this may vary depending on the city. Should breakfast not be included, your CEO can suggest some local options. Travelling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe single travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and single travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 18 December 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 3626504 when you call.