Buenos Aires to La Paz Adventure
Breathe in the mountain air of La Paz and dance in the tango milongas of Buenos Aires on a two-week adventure. Connecting the Atlantic to the Andes, you'll journey across the surreal landscapes of the Atacama Desert and the Uyuni Salt Flats. Feel like a sophisticate as you sip wine in Buenos Aires and pull back the curtain on the centre of the continent. Best of all, you'll do it in the company of other fun, young travellers. Don't choose between inspiring wilderness and urban sophistication – do it all.
Your tour to Buenos Aires includes:
- G Adventures for Good: Jukil Community Experience & Lodge, Santiago de Agencha. 4x4 excursion to the Uyuni Salt Flats (3 days). Internal flight. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- 10 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- Simple hotels (twin-share) or hostels (multi-share) (11 nts), overnight bus (1 nt), G Adventures-supported community lodge/basic hotels on Uyuni Salt Flats excursion (2 nts, multi-share).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 18, avg 14.
- Plane, Bus, 4x4 truck.
Day 1 Buenos Aires
Arrive at any time.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Buenos Aires/Salta
Salta, situated in the Lerma Valley of northern Argentina, is home to empanadas salteñas - a delicious local specialty. No visit to the town will be complete without giving them a try. In the evening, opt to experience a local celebration at one of the "Peña" folklore shows.
Day 3 Salta (1B)
Enjoy free time to explore the area. The scenic Quebrada de las Conchas and Cafayate, famed for its wine and vineyards, are recommended stops. The multi-coloured valleys in the foothills region of the Andes are sure to be a highlight.
Day 4 Salta/San Pedro de Atacama (1B)
In the morning, take a bus further north to the dry desert regions of Argentina and Chile. Stop in the little town of San Pedro de Atacama, on the edge of the Atacama Desert, the driest place on earth.
Border Crossing (Argentina - Chile)
Day 5 San Pedro de Atacama
Opt to try out sandboarding, go mountain biking, or visit the Valley of the Moon.
Day 6 San Pedro de Atacama/Salar de Uyuni (1L, 1D)
Groups like to get creative with photography, as the endless white of the salt flats creates some great depth illusions that are fun to play with in photos.
Note: During the rainy season the locations visited may change due to some routes being covered by water.
We offer unique accommodation on the Uyuni Salt Flats. Instead of very basic refuges and homestays most operators use, we have upgraded to simple hotels that are equipped with solar panels to provide electricity and hot water. Rooms are multi-share and each has a private bathroom. Meals are made from local ingredients, most of which are grown on-site.
Border Crossing (Chile - Bolivia)
Salt Flats Excursion
Day 7 Salar de Uyuni (1B, 1L, 1D)
Settle in to your G Adventures-supported salt-brick bungalow, complete with salt floors and furniture, after a guided walking tour up to the sacred Jukil mountaintop for sweeping valley views and a dinner of local ingredients prepared by ladies from the community.
Salt Flats Excursion
Jukil Community Experience & Lodge
Day 8 Salar de Uyuni/Uyuni (1B)
Rise early to cover more ground of the unique landscape of the Uyuni Salt Flats. Continue to see incredible scenery, including volcanoes, salt lakes and geysers.
Salt Flats Excursion
Day 9 Salar de Uyuni/Potosí (1B)
Travel north to visit one of the highest cities in the world. On arrival spot the looming mountain of Cerro Rico, a working silver mine.
Day 10 Potosí (1B)
Get out and explore Potosí and wander through the streets of the city.
Day 11 Potosí/Sucre (1B)
Travel north to Sucre. Tackle the city as there is a lot to offer during our two days here. Optional activities include a visit to an old tin baron’s mansion and a textile cooperative, mountain biking, and hiking.
Day 12 Sucre (1B)
Free time to explore the city, the former capital of Bolivia. For more active options opt to go hiking in the surrounding area or mountain biking.
Day 13 Sucre/La Paz (1B)
Enjoy a free day in Sucre before an overnight bus to La Paz.
Day 14 La Paz
Wake up from the overnight bus ride, get settled, and have the day to check out the city of La Paz.
Optional activities in La Paz include museum visits, a tour of the Valley of the Moon, or a visit to the world’s highest ski resort, Chacaltaya (5600m/18,368 ft).
Day 15 La Paz (1B)
Depart at any time.
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Important Notes
- 1. Please note that this tour combines with other G Adventures tours. As such, the staff and some travel companions on your tour may have previously been traveling together with G Adventures, prior to Day 1 of your tour. Likewise, some staff and travel companions may be continuing together on another G Adventures tour, after your trip concludes. 2. Please note that Aerolineas Argentinas allows 1 piece of luggage that weighs up to 15kg on internal flights. For every extra kilo the airline will charge $10 per kg at the time of check-in. 3. YELLOW FEVER It may be required to show a Yellow Fever certificate upon entering the country visited. Please check in with your local health expert for advice on Yellow Fever and other inoculations required for this area.
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that, as a minimum, an average level of fitness and mobility' is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our CEOs work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. The medical questionnaire can be found online at: .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- All local flights are included in the cost of your tour unless otherwise noted. It is important that we have your passport information at the time of booking in order to process these tickets. Internal flight tickets are issued locally and will be given to you prior to the flight departure. Please Note: Aerolineas Argentinas allows 1 piece of luggage that weighs up to 15kg on internal flights. For every extra kilo the airline will charge $10 per kg at the time of check-in.
- Eating is a big part of traveling. G Adventures understands the importance of breakfast to start your day, we strive to include a basic breakfast wherever possible. A typical breakfast may include toast, coffee and tea, however this may vary depending on the city. Should breakfast not be included, your CEO can suggest some local options. Travelling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. On truck trips in Africa, aboard the expedition ship Explorer or our Galapagos yachts, while trekking in remote regions etc. food is included, plentiful and made of fresh local ingredients. The above information applies to G Adventures group trips. For Independent trips please check the itinerary for details of meals included. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe single travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and single travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 March 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 3626499 when you call.