In Search of Iguassu–Buenos Aires to Rio
Get your South American rush with other young travellers not afraid to embrace the new. You'll kick off the adventure in sophisticated Buenos Aires before getting back to nature on day hikes at a working Uruguayan ranch. Marvel at Iguassu Falls, then hop on a flight to São Paulo on your way to the Brazilian coast – no gruelling bus ride means more time on the beach. We'll wrap up in the party in Rio, where you're free to embrace the carnival atmosphere from our centrally located Copacabana hotel.
Your tour to Buenos Aires includes:
- Local Living: Estancia Stay, Colonia La Concordia. Activities while at the estancia in Uruguay. Entrance and visit to the Argentine side of Iguassu Falls. Internal flight. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- Simple hotels (twin-share) or hostels (multi-share) (13 nts), estancia/ranch (2 nts, multi-share), overnight bus (1 nt).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 18, avg 14.
- Local bus, minivan, taxi, plane, ferry, walking.
Day 1 Buenos Aires
Arrive at any time.
Booking pre- or post-trip accommodation is highly recommended to fully experience the cities and take advantage of the optional activities available.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Buenos Aires
Known as the ‘Paris of the Americas,’ Buenos Aires is a vibrant city full of life. Visit the districts of La Boca, Recoleta, and San Telmo or catch a tango show at one of the many famous tanguerías. Wander the pedestrian walkways and see some dancing in the streets. Whatever you do, Buenos Aires is sure to leave lasting memories.
Day 3 Buenos Aires/Colonia
Cross the Río de la Plata by ferry to Colonia, Uruguay. Explore on an orientation walk, then enjoy free time to explore the area and relax at a streetside café.
In high season, accommodation may be multi-share.
Border Crossing (Argentina - Uruguay)
Day 4 Colonia/Montevideo (1B)
Spend free time in Montevideo exploring the city and Mercado del Puerto, having a picnic in the park or visiting Estadio Centenario where the first World Cup was played in 1930. Cycle around the coast or head to the beach.
Day 5 Montevideo (1B)
Free time to explore Montevideo.
Day 6 Montevideo/Estancia Stay (1B, 1L, 1D)
Travel by day through picturesque settlements and pastures finishing in the last Uruguayan stop—a local ranch, known in the region as an estancia.
Day 7 Estancia Stay (1B, 1L, 1D)
Spend a day at the estancia getting into rural life. Learn about the historical roots of the region, lend a hand on the farm, go for a walk, make empanadas or sit back and sip on the wines of the region as you take in local Uruguayan life.
Day 8 Estancia Stay/Iguassu Falls (1B)
In the morning cross the border into Gualeguaychu in Argentina, then begin the long overnight journey to Iguassu Falls.
Border Crossing (Uruguay - Argentina)
Day 9 Iguassu Falls
In the morning opt to visit the Brazilian side of the falls and get an incredible panoramic view. Opt to take a helicopter ride over the falls, visit a bird park or see the Itaipu Dam.
Border Crossing (Argentina - Brazil)
Day 10 Iguassu Falls (1B)
Today enjoy a full day excursion to the Argentinian side of the falls. Wander along the walk paths that connect different view points of the falls. Opt to take a boat tour to see the cascading falls from below.
Border Crossing (Brazil - Argentina)
Iguassu Falls Visit
Border Crossing (Argentina - Brazil)
Day 11 Foz do Iguaçu/Paraty
Skipping the long bus ride, we fly to Sao Paulo and head straight to Paraty, a quaint colonial town on the coast renowned for its architecture.
In high season, accommodation in Paraty may be multi-share.
Day 12 Paraty (1B)
Paraty is a quaint colonial town renowned for its architecture—the pace might be slow but there's a lot to choose from. Considered one of the world's most important examples of Portuguese colonial architecture by UNESCO, the historic centre is a well-preserved national historic monument, and today has been closed to vehicles to preserve its laid-back colonial ambiance. Opt to take a boat tour of the bay, go on a kayak tour, or a jeep tour.
Day 13 Paraty/Ilha Grande (1B)
Tavel to the port in Angra dos Reis and catch a boat over to Ilha Grande not far from the coast.
In high season, accommodation in Ilha Grande may be multi-share.
Days 14-15 Ilha Grande
Free time to explore the beaches of Ilha Grande. Opt to hike the remote trails, take a boat trip around the island, play in the waves or go snorkelling.
Day 15 Ilha Grande/Rio de Janeiro
Leaving the port after returning from Ilha Grande, a dramatic road then takes us north along the coast through superb scenery before rounding the cliffs at Vidigal. Get a first glimpse of one of the most memorable cities in the world, Brazil’s ocean-side jewel, Río de Janeiro.
Enjoy any free time by taking an optional city tour or exploring the wonders that this city has to offer from the centrally located hostel in Copacabana.
Please note that during the annual Rio Carnival (Feb 9-14, 2018), some of the group will be in mixed gender multi-share dorms.
The hostel has private multi-share dorm rooms for G travellers, but its common areas are shared with other guests of the hostel.
Day 16 Rio de Janeiro
Rio has so much to offer, take advantage of the day and opt to take a city tour. Visit the Christ the Redeemer and Sugar Loaf Mountain and enjoy the incredible views of the city. Sip on a Caipirinha drink and relax on Copacabana beach.
Day 17 Rio de Janeiro (1B)
Depart at any time.
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Important Notes
- 1. Please note that this tour combines with other G Adventures tours. As such, the staff and some travel companions on your tour may have previously been traveling together with G Adventures, prior to Day 1 of your tour. Likewise, some staff and travel companions may be continuing together on another G Adventures tour, after your trip concludes. 2. Please note that during time of South-American festivals and High Season (particularly Carnival and New Years), accommodation on this tour may be multi-share. 3. Looking to add to your experience? Check out our Theme Packs! Specially designed for travellers with unique interests, theme packs are optional add-ons to your G adventures trip that make your adventure more you-centric. Theme Packs must be booked prior to departure, please see details in our optional activities field and ask you sales CEO.
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that, as a minimum, an average level of fitness and mobility' is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our CEOs work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. The medical questionnaire can be found online at: .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- All local flights are included in the cost of your tour unless otherwise noted. It is important that we have your passport information at the time of booking in order to process these tickets. Internal flight tickets are issued locally and will be given to you prior to the flight departure.
- Eating is a big part of traveling. G Adventures understands the importance of breakfast to start your day, we strive to include a basic breakfast wherever possible. A typical breakfast may include toast, coffee and tea, however this may vary depending on the city. Should breakfast not be included, your CEO can suggest some local options. Travelling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. While trekking in remote regions etc. food is included, plentiful and made of fresh local ingredients. Note: Food is generally considered to be more expensive in Argentina and Brazil than in most other South American Countries.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe single travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and single travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 February 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 3626393 when you call.