Climb to the top of South America for an out-of-this-world Bolivian experience – encounter awe-inspiring geography, cities rich in colonial history and indigenous culture. From La Paz, the highest capital city in the world, travel to the crest of the Andes and the middle of nowhere for three days of incredible off-road exploration of the Uyuni Salt Flats and surrounding desert altiplano. Take the road less travelled and meet locals for an immersive cultural experience that few travellers get to know. If you are looking for an authentic experience away from the tourist track, Bolivia is the perfect place for genuine adventure.
Your tour to La Paz - Bolivia includes:
- G Adventures for Good: Jukil Community Experience & Lodge, Santiago de Agencha. 4x4 excursion to the Uyuni Salt Flats (3 days). Internal flight. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- 10 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- Hotels (8 nts), G Adventures-supported lodge/basic hotels on Uyuni Salt Flats excursion (2 nts, multi-share).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 16, avg 12
- Public bus, train, 4x4 vehicle, plane.
Day 1 La Paz
There are no planned activities until the evening welcome meeting.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 La Paz/Sucre (1B)
Spend the morning exploring the city before boarding an afternoon flight to Sucre and explore this beautiful colonial city or opt to go hiking in the surrounding area.
Days 3-4 Sucre
Spend two days exploring all that Sucre has to offer.
Day 5 Sucre/Potosí (1B)
Journey from Sucre to Potosí. Spend the afternoon exploring the city.
Day 6 Potosí/Uyuni (1B)
Head south to Uyuni, the starting point for the salt flats excursion.
Day 7 Uyuni/Salar de Uyuni (1B, 1D)
Travel through the Bolivian landscape to the town of Uyuni. Despite its isolation and challenging climate (cold and blustery most of the year), the town of Uyuni has earned the nickname of Hija Predilecta de Bolivia (Bolivia’s Favourite Daughter).
It is also the starting point for our 2-night excursion through the spectacular Salar de Uyuni (Uyuni Salt Flats) in 4x4 vehicles.
Settle in to your G Adventures-supported community salt-brick bungalow, complete with salt floors and furniture, after a guided walking tour up to the sacred Jukil mountaintop for sweeping valley views and a dinner of local ingredients prepared by ladies from the community.
During the rainy season the locations visited may change due to some routes being covered by water.
Salt Flats Excursion
Jukil Community Experience & Lodge
Day 8 Salar de Uyuni (1B, 1L, 1D)
Continue to discover the Uyuni Salt Flats on a 4x4 excursion.
Salt Flats Excursion
Day 9 Salar de Uyuni/Uyuni (1B, 1L)
Enjoy a final day of exploring the Uyuni Salt Flats before boarding an overnight bus back to La Paz .
Salt Flats Excursion
Day 10 La Paz (1B)
Spend the day exploring and shopping in the many markets of the city -- it is an especially good place to buy textiles and leatherwork. Visit the Witches' Market or take one of the several optional excursions available.
Day 11 La Paz (1B)
Depart at any time.
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Important Notes
- 1. Please note that this tour combines with other G Adventures tours. As such, the staff and some travel companions on your tour may have previously been traveling together with G Adventures, prior to Day 1 of your tour. Likewise, some staff and travel companions may be continuing together on another G Adventures tour, after your trip concludes 2. YELLOW FEVER It may be required to show a Yellow Fever certificate upon entering the country visited. Please check in with your local health expert for advice on Yellow Fever and other inoculations required for this area.
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that, as a minimum, an average level of fitness and mobility' is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our CEOs work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. The medical questionnaire can be found online at: .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- All local flights are included in the cost of your tour unless otherwise noted. It is important that we have your passport information at the time of booking in order to process these tickets. Internal flight tickets are issued locally and will be given to you prior to the flight departure.
- Eating is a big part of traveling. G Adventures understands the importance of breakfast to start your day, we strive to include a basic breakfast wherever possible. This will typically include toast, coffee and tea, however this may vary depending on the city. Should breakfast not be included, your CEO can suggest some local options. Travelling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. On truck trips in Africa, aboard the expedition ship Explorer or our Galapagos yachts, while trekking in remote regions etc. food is included, plentiful and made of fresh local ingredients. The above information applies to G Adventures group trips. For Independent trips please check the itinerary for details of meals included. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe single travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and single travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 February 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 3625994 when you call.