Southern Thailand Sojourn
From Bangkok nightclubs that never close to laid-back beachside drinks on Koh Tao, experience the energy of southern Thailand. Hike through the magnificent lowland rainforest of Khao Sok National Park, where tigers still roam, or laze in a riverside hammock. This is your trip—so tread your own path. With an expert CEO leading the way, you're free to snorkel beautiful coral reefs or work on your tan. Enjoy the best of the beachside sun and backpacker nightlife in nine amazing days.
Your tour to Bangkok includes:
- Street food crawl. Full-day snorkelling trip (Koh Tao). Beach time on Thai islands. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- 6 breakfasts, 1 lunch
- Simple hotels (twin-share) or hostels (multi-share) (3 nts), sleeper trains (2 nts), simple bungalows (3 nts).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 18, avg 12.
- Train, local bus, air-con bus, boat, tuk tuk, songthaew, taxi, ferry.
Day 1 Bangkok
Arrive in Bangkok at any time.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Bangkok/Surat Thani (1B)
Get to know Thailand's capital. Check out Wat Pho and the Grand Palace, get a Thai massage, or explore the klongs on a boat tour before an overnight train. Enjoy a street food crawl with the group and CEO either today or another day on tour.
Street Food Crawl
Basic overnight train (beds) (12.00-13.00 hours)
Day 3 Surat Thani/Khao Sok
Khao Sok is a diverse area of natural beauty, a perfect place for people who want to hike and get out there in nature or those that just want to chill out in a hammock by the riverside watching monkeys take their afternoon bath.
The entrance fee to the national park is not included.
Local bus (3.50 hour(s))
Day 4 Khao Sok/Ko Samui (1B)
Lying off of Thailand’s east coast in the Gulf of Thailand, Koh Samui offers everything one could possibly want in a beach retreat: white sandy beaches, coconut palms, fresh seafood, and warm clear waters.
Take a public bus and ferry from Surat Thani and arrive at Koh Samui in the afternoon. The island is known for its magnificent beaches and party nightlife. Tour the island and its main sights or simply relax and enjoy the beautiful beaches.
Local bus (3.50 hour(s))
Local bus (1.00 hour(s))
Ferry (2.00 hour(s))
Day 5 Ko Samui (1B)
Water activities abound on this island. Opt to go on an island hopping tour through a national marine park, go swimming, or take a Thai cooking class.
Day 6 Ko Samui/Koh Tao (1B)
During the past 10 years, the reputation of Koh Tao's natural beauty, especially its marine life and coral reefs, has spread the world over and the number of paradise seekers and divers increased rapidly. It's become one of the major dive sites in Thailand, attracting beginners and professionals alike. The island today, though still remaining a unique paradise, caters to all tastes and budgets.
Ferry (2.00 hour(s))
Day 7 Koh Tao (1B, 1L)
Enjoy an included full-day snorkelling trip.
Koh Tao Snorkelling
Day 8 Koh Tao/Bangkok (1B)
Return to the mainland in the afternoon to board an overnight train back to Bangkok.
Ferry (1.50 hour(s))
Basic overnight train (beds) (9.00-10.00 hours)
Day 9 Bangkok
Arrive in the early morning at the train station and bid farewell to everyone.
Departure Day (Activities)
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Important Notes
- COMBO TRIP Please note that this tour combines with other G Adventures tours. As such, the staff and some travel companions on your tour may have previously been traveling together with G Adventures, prior to Day 1 of your tour. Likewise, some staff and travel companions may be continuing together on another G Adventures tour, after your trip concludes.
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that, as a minimum, an average level of fitness and mobility' is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our CEOs work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. The medical questionnaire can be found online at: .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- Eating is a big part of traveling. Traveling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each others company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favorite restaurants during your trip. Included breakfasts will usually be Asian style consisting of noodles or rice soup or bread and eggs. Vegetarians will be able to find a range of different foods, although in some areas the choice maybe limited. While trekking in remote regions food is included, plentiful and made of fresh local ingredients. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe single travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and single travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- A variety of styles of hotels/guest houses are used on this trip. In many instances they might not be like what you are used to back home as service and efficiency can vary. In some areas we stay in simple local guest houses in stunning locations - rooms are small and simple and there may only be shared toilet facilities and showers.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 October 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 3625970 when you call.