Bangkok to Chiang Mai Express
If you’re short on time but want to see the sights north of Bangkok (and really, who doesn’t?), this is the express trip for you. Take seven days, pack them full of wonderment and reflection in northern Thailand – Kanchanaburi, Ayutthaya, and Chiang Mai, and plenty of temples, palaces and small villages to explore – and you’ve got a recipe for one of the most memorable weeks you’ll ever have. Toss in the ease of travel by trains and buses and there’s no way you’ll feel like you’re missing out on anything in this dynamic region.
Your tour to Bangkok includes:
- Local Living: Overnight Rafthouse Excursion, Kanchanaburi. Wat Pho visit. Klong riverboat tour. Erawan Falls and Bridge on the River Kwai visit (Kanchanaburi). Thai-Burma Railway Centre and Allied War Cemetery visit. Temple ruins tour (Ayutthaya). Doi Suthep temple visit (Chiang Mai). All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- 5 breakfasts, 1 dinner
- Hotels/guesthouses (4 nts), rafthouse (1 nt), sleeper train (1 nt).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 15, avg 12
- Train, private van, walking
Day 1 Bangkok
Arrive at any time.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Bangkok/Kanchanaburi (1B, 1D)
Enjoy a klong boat tour of Bangkok including a visit to Wat Po. Travel to Kanchanaburi and head to your floating rafthouse accommodation. Enjoy free time to explore.
Klong Riverboat Tour
Wat Po Visit
Overnight Rafthouse Excursion
Day 3 Kanchanaburi (1B)
Enjoy a day of sightseeing at Erawan Falls and the Bridge on the River Kwai. Explore the Allied War Cemetery, the Thai-Burmese Railway Centre and the JEATH War Museum to learn more about the area's history.
Erawan Waterfalls Visit
Bridge on the River Kwai Visit
Thai/Burma Railway Centre and Allied War Cemetery Visit
Enjoy a short drive to view the beautiful Erawan Waterfalls. (1-2 hours per direction)
Day 4 Kanchanaburi/Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya (1B)
Travel to Ayutthaya and visit the historical sites of the old capital city. Opt to visit Chan Kasem National Museum and Chao Sam Phraya Museum.
Temple Ruins Tour
Day 5 Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya/Chiang Mai (1B)
Spend a full day exploring Ayutthaya before boarding an overnight train to Chiang Mai.
Basic overnight train (beds)
Day 6 Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai is a vibrant city with heaps to see and do. Famous for its night market, cooking classes, and Muay Thai, it's a feat to fit it all in.
Doi Suthep Temple Visit
Day 7 Chiang Mai (1B)
With a little extra time in the area, hilltribe treks are easily accessible, as is the Golden Triangle.
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- Important Notes
- COMBO TRIP Please note that this tour combines with other G Adventures tours. As such, the staff and some travel companions on your tour may have previously been traveling together with G Adventures, prior to Day 1 of your tour. Likewise, some staff and travel companions may be continuing together on another G Adventures tour, after your trip concludes.
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that an average level of fitness and mobility is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our leaders work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. Please note that all passengers traveling to Antarctica are required to fill out this questionnaire. The medical questionnaire can be found online at .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- Eating is a big part of traveling. G Adventures understands the importance of breakfast to start your day, we strive to include a basic breakfast wherever possible. This will typically include toast, coffee and tea, however this may vary depending on the city. Should breakfast not be included, your CEO can suggest some local options. Travelling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe solo travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and solo travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- A variety of styles of hotels/guest houses are used on this trip. In many instances they might not be like what you are used to back home as service and efficiency can vary. In some areas we stay in simple local guest houses in stunning locations - rooms are small and simple and there may only be shared toilet facilities and showers.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 18 December 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 3625961 when you call.