Shanghai to Hong Kong Fujian Adventure
It’s in the spaces between Shanghai and Hong Kong that you get a true taste of what China has to offer. On this nine-day trip, you’ll get to stay in famous Hakka roundhouses and really get a sense of rural Chinese culture. Additionally, there’ll be time to take the perfect hike in the beautiful Wuyishan area and hit up a few of the major cities as well. China can be difficult to navigate on your own, so let us take the planning off your shoulders and leave you free to simply enjoy the ride.
Your tour to Shanghai includes:
- Wuyishan entrance ticket. Orientation walks in Shanghai and Xiamen. Tour of a traditional tulou. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals Included
- No meals included
- Simple hotels (twin-share) or hostels (multi-share)(6 nts), traditional communal roundhouse/tulou (2 nts).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 18, avg 14.
- Train, local bus, walking.
Day 1 Shanghai
Arrive at any time.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Shanghai/Wuyishan
Enjoy free time or join the CEO for a walk through the Bund, Old Shanghai, People's Park, and more. Board a bullet train to Wuyishan in the Fujian province.
Orientation Walk of the Bund
Day 3 Wuyishan
Explore the area with an included entrance ticket to the reserve. Go hiking and opt to go bamboo rafting.
Wuyishan Reserve Visit
Day 4 Wuyishan/Xiamen
Xiamen is a modern city with a little something for everyone from night markets to beautiful sculptures lit-up at night to peaceful parks.
Day 5 Xiamen
Free day to explore.
Day 6 Xiamen/Hongkeng Village
Transfer to a Yongding County. Overnight in a Hakka tulou, a large, multi-storey fortified roundhouse built for communal living. Enjoy an orientation tour around the village, then experience day-to-day life in this unique province full of history and traditional Chinese culture.
Day 7 Hongkeng Village
Experience day to day life in this unique province full of history and traditional Chinese culture. Opt to rent a bike and visit a neighbouring community with more tulou, or travel to visit an ancient village that is still inhabited today.
Day 8 Hongkeng Village/Shenzhen Train Station
Travel to Longyang in the morning and continue on a fast train to Shenzhen.
Day 9 Shenzhen Train Station/Hong Kong
Cross the border into Hong Kong. Tour ends upon arrival at train station at approximately 10:00 am.
Border Crossing (China - Hong Kong)
Departure Day (Activities)
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Important Notes
- As we use (sometimes crowded) local transport please note backpacks are much more suitable than suitcases for this style of trip. Train travel means that bags have to be stowed either overhead or under beds, so travelling as light as possible is recommended.
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that an average level of fitness and mobility is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our leaders work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. Please note that all passengers traveling to Antarctica are required to fill out this questionnaire. The medical questionnaire can be found online at .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- Eating is a big part of traveling. Travelling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. Included breakfasts will usually be asian style consisting of noodles or congee (rice porridge) or bread and eggs. Vegetarians will be able to find a range of different foods, although in some areas the choice maybe limited. While trekking in remote regions food is included, plentiful and made of fresh local ingredients. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe solo travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and solo travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- A variety of styles of hotels/guest houses are used on this trip. In many instances they might not be like what you are used to back home as service and efficiency can vary. In some areas we stay in simple local guest houses in stunning locations - rooms are small and simple and there may only be shared toilet facilities and showers.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 February 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 3625858 when you call.