Walk the Great Wall of China
Centuries after its construction, China’s Great Wall remains one of humankind’s engineering marvels. At over 21,000km (13,048 mi) in length, the Wall is a trip in and of itself. You won’t tackle the whole thing on this 10-day trip, but you’ll return home with a deeper understanding of life that goes on around and upon it. The Beijing-to-Beijing route will take you to small villages that have stood for centuries in the shadow of this massive tribute to human will and introduce you to the cuisine, culture, and history that make this one of China’s most captivating attractions. The Wall’s been standing for centuries. Isn’t it about time you turned up?
Your tour to Beijing includes:
- Carte Blanche: Beijing. Great Wall entrances and trek (6 days). Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square guided tour. Qing Tombs exploration. Luggage transfer on every hiking day.
- Meals Included
- 9 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 5 dinners
- Hotels (4 nts), simple guesthouses (5 nts).
- Group Size Notes
- Max 16, avg 10
- Local bus, walking.
Day 1 Beijing
Arrive at any time.
Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
Day 2 Beijing (1B)
Enjoy a guided tour of the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. Opt to take a tea art lesson with a traditional tea ceremony.
Forbidden City Tour
Day 3 Beijing/Jiankou (1B, 1D)
Transfer to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall. Enjoy a hike along the Great Wall followed by a drive to Jiankou Village in the afternoon. Spend the night in Jiankou Village.
Great Wall Trek
Private Vehicle (1.00 hour(s))
Day 4 Jiankou/Gubeikou (1B, 1L, 1D)
Hike Jiankou village and visit the Great Wall in the morning. In the afternoon, transfer to Gubeikou and explore the village before getting settled at the guesthouse. Once settled, find some inner peace with a Tai Chi lesson before dinner.
Great Wall Trek
Tai Chi Lesson
Private Vehicle (1.00 hour(s))
Day 5 Gubeikou (1B, 1L, 1D)
Enjoy scenes of vast landscapes and wild greenery as the Crouching Tiger portion of the Great Wall is known for containing unrestored portions of the original wall. Crowned with a two-storey watch tower, jump back in time and get a glimpse of ancient China.
Great Wall Trek: Crouching Tiger
Day 6 Gubeikou/Huangyaguan (1B, 1L, 1D)
Hike the wall from Gubeikou to Jinshanling. Maintenance of the Wall starts improving here and walking becomes easier along the way. Walk through this rolling landscape and see the watchtowers that disappear over the horizon.
Due to the closure of Jinshanling Great Wall, the hike along the wall will end where Gubeikou meets Jinshanling.
Great Wall Trek: Jinshanling
Private Vehicle (3.00-4.00 hours)
Day 7 Huangyaguan (1B, 1L, 1D)
Enjoy the last day trekking along the Wall at Huangyaguan, named for the bright yellow flowers that appear in this region. Spend the night in a guesthouse.
Great Wall Trek: Huangyuguan to Jixian
Day 8 Huangyaguan/Beijing (1B)
Explore Qing Tombs on the way back to Beijing. Arrive in Beijing around noon and enjoy half day free time.
Qing Tombs Exploration
Private Vehicle (3.00-4.00 hours)
Day 9 Beijing (1B)
Today is free to explore Beijing. Take a tour of the ancient hutongs (alleyways) in Beijing's Old City. Other options include the Summer Palace or a visit to a Tibetan monastery.
Day 10 Beijing (1B)
Depart at any time.
Other important information
- Dossier Disclaimer
- The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary. VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Important Notes
- As we use (sometimes crowded) local transport and at times travel by foor please note backpacks are required for this trip (not suticases).
- Medical Form
- Our small group adventures bring together people of all ages. It is very important you are aware that, as a minimum, an average level of fitness and mobility' is required to undertake our easiest programs. Travellers must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry their own luggage at a minimum. Travellers with a pre-existing medical condition are required to complete a short medical questionnaire, which must be signed by their physician. This is to ensure that travellers have the necessary fitness and mobility to comfortably complete their chosen trip. While our CEOs work hard to ensure that all our travellers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day's activities unaided. Please refer to the physical ratings in this Trip Details document for more information. The medical questionnaire can be found online at: .
Not included in the tour
- Meal Budget
- Local Flights
- All local flights are included in the cost of your tour unless otherwise noted. It is important that we have your passport information at the time of booking in order to process these tickets. Internal flight tickets are issued locally and will be given to you prior to the flight departure.
- Eating is a big part of traveling. G Adventures understands the importance of breakfast to start your day, we strive to include a basic breakfast wherever possible. Included breakfasts will usually be asian style consisting of noodles or congee (rice porridge) or bread and eggs, however this may vary depending on the city. Vegetarians will be able to find a range of different foods, although in some areas the choice maybe limited. Should breakfast not be included, your CEO can suggest some local options Travelling with G Adventures you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. While trekking in remote regions etc. food is included, plentiful and made of fresh local ingredients. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.
- Solo Travellers
- We believe single travellers should not have to pay more to travel so our group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of our Independent trips are designed differently and single travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
- About Accommodation
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 September 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 3625851 when you call.