Perth to Adelaide Overland
This is not only one of the world's great road trips across the vast plains of the mighty Nullarbor, but also an opportunity to encounter the best of Australian wildlife up close. This journey provides opportunities to spot a kangaroo, wombat, emu and dingo in the wild. Swimming with dolphins and sealions, taking in stunning Australian coastal scenery and kicking back in character-filled Aussie pubs, make this trip the ultimate for those looking for a wild and nature-filled journey through Australia's outback and remote regions.
Your tour to Australia includes:
- Explore Wave Rock and the Darling Ranges
- Travel across the vast plains of the Nullarbor
- Go swimming with sealions and dolphins on the Eyre Peninsula
- Spot unique Australian wildlife
- Discover the mighty Flinders Ranges in South Australia
- Visit the delightful city of Adelaide
- Breakfasts Included: 8
- Lunches Included: 9
- Dinners Included: 8
- Bush camp (no facilities) (4 nights),Camping (with basic facilities) (4 nights)
- Age: min 8
- Group Size: 1 - 21
- Fitzgerald River National Park Entrance Fees
- Wave Rock
- Cape Le Grand National Park Entrance Fees
- East Mt Baron Hike
- Frenchmen's Peak Hike
- Ceduna Arts & Cultural Centre
- Murphy's Haystacks
- Sandboarding at Lake Newland
- Talia Caves
- Lock's Well
- Glen Forest Wildlife Park
- Lincoln National Park
- Whalers Way Conservation Park
- Daveys Gully
- Wadlata Cultural Centre
Day 1 Perth to Wave Rock and Fitzgerald River National Park
Our adventure begins as we travel east over the Darling Ranges. After a morning break at the historic township of York we then continue our journey south. Our lunch stop will be at Wave Rock, where there's the opportunity to have a look at this amazing rock formation.
After lunch we drive further south to the Fitzgerald River National Park, an internationally recognised world biosphere reserve with plenty of beautiful beaches, rugged coastline and the opportunity for a short walk.
Approx travel 6 hours with stops along the way. Walking time is about an hour and a half.
Day 2 Stokes National Park to Esperance and Cape Le Grand
After a mornings hike up East Mt Baron we drive along the coast and arrive into Esperance with time to have a look around. The town is still remote but once you see the magnificent surrounds of the granite, bush and beach you can only wonder for how much longer this area can keep its quaint charm.
Get set for some of Australia's most beautiful scenery. This area of Western Australia has no less than 9 National Parks, which is testament to its beauty and uniqueness. We take in the most spectacular of all, Cape Le Grand National Park. Stunning blue seas mix with powder white beaches and secluded bays allow for stops and swims in what can only be described as a nature lover’s paradise. A short drive brings us to the Cape Le Grand National Park where we set up camp only meters from a picture postcard beach. We will have some lunch at Cape Le Grand National Park and the rest of the afternoon is free to explore this stunning coastal park with its white sandy beaches and crystal clear water through many of the coastal bushwalks or just simply relax on the beach.
Approx travel 2.5 hours with stops along the way. Walking time is about 3 hours.
Day 3 Cape le Grand National Park to The Nullarbor
The next day we get up early and take a walk down to the beach, while you are still at Cape Le Grand National Park. You might even encounter a kangaroo on the beach - it doesn't get any more Aussie than that!
We are starting the morning with a hike at Frenchmen's Peak. Frenchman's Peak rewards you with stunning views of the bay and islands of the Recherche Archipelago. After this morning hike it is time for lunch and then we head back through Esperance and north to the Eyre Highway to start our journey east bound, for our overnight camp.
Driving time is about 5 hours today, and walking time is about 1 hour.
Day 4 The Great Australian Bight
Today we travel through some diverse Australian country, have a look around Eucla - an old telegraph town buried by sand dunes and stop for the night at Koonalda Homestead.
The reality of the Nullarbor really hits you; this huge expanse of karst limestone has many hidden secrets including the biggest under ground lake system in Australia and is the source of many international divers who come here to explore this unique landscape.
Travel time today is about 4.5 hours.
Day 5 Koonalda to Coodlie Park Farm
The following day we see the majestic Nullarbor cliffs and stop at the famous wombat/camel/kangaroo road sign as we cross the Nullarbor. We drive onto the Nullarbor Plain and across the dingo fence while travelling through Yalata Aboriginal lands. In the afternoon we are heading to the Ceduna Arts and Cultural Centre. Here you will learn more about the different styles and meaning behind many forms of Indigenous art. Having a short stop at Streaky Bay for any supplies and then later in the afternoon we arrive at Coodlie Park bush camp. This working farm has traditional cropping, sheep and a project of tree planting on their own land to offset their own carbon emissions.
Today we travel for approximately 6 hours.
Day 6 Coodlie Park Farm Retreat and Sealion swim
This morning we head out to swim with the ever cheeky and playful sea lions and dolphins at Baird Bay. A pristine coast line and sanctuary for a multitude of land and sea animals. This outsource adventure done by Baird Bay eco tours is an optional experience. It is a 3-4 hour tour that will remain a beautiful memory for the rest of your life. We need to have your decision of doing the sea lions and dolphin swim before tour departure.
Having had lunch at the picnic spot at Bairds, onto Murphy’s Haystacks, incredible granite rock formations sculptured into wondrous and weird shapes over millions of years.
We then head for Talia Caves and the Lake Newland Sand dunes to go sandboarding.
Day 7 Coodlie Park
This morning we travel on toward Elliston to do the great ocean tourist drive and a last look at the amazing cliffs of the bight at Lock's Well, 283 steps to the beach. Travelling on to Port Lincoln for lunch. You will be able to discover a little bit of Port Lincoln on your own for an hour. Then out to Mikkira.
Mikkira Station is where we camp on a private campground with Koalas in nearly every tree. We have time to go for a walk around the property to see some Giant Yakkas and see if you can find some koalas in the Manna Gum.
Driving is about an hour and a half. Walking time is about 2 hours.
Day 8 Port Lincoln and Port Neill
You will visit Whalers Way Conservation Park for spectacular rugged coastline, Lincoln National Park walk Stamford Hill (where you’ll hopefully spot some kangaroos and emus), Fishers Bay and swimming in the pristine waters of the Southern Ocean.
We visit Wadlata Cultural Centre and have an interpretive walk through the life of the new frontier pioneers of South Australia.
Day 9 Adelaide
We head through Whyalla and into Port Augusta and the Wadlata Cultural Centre that helps provide answers to the many questions about the formation of the Nullarbor, Flinders Rangers, and the formation of Australia as a continent. It also takes you on an interpretative walk through the life of the new frontier pioneers. We then head to the Southern Flinders Ranges, Mount Remarkable National Park for lunch and a walk through Davey's Gully. After lunch we hit the road for one last time and head for South Australia’s capital city Adelaide where your trip will conclude.
Driving time on the last day is about three and a half hours.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 February 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 2995298 when you call.