Kilimanjaro Climb - Lemosho Route
Taking the western approach we cross the caldera of Shira Volcano, traversing beneath the southern icefields of Kibo, Kilimanjaro's highest volcano. We have eight days on Africa’s highest mountain, which means plenty of time for acclimatisation and soaking up the ever changing scenery. This is one of the least trekked routes allowing us to savour the immense and wild Shira Plateau. This itinerary gives you an excellent chance of reaching the summit: approximately 96% of people trekking the Lemosho route with Exodus stand on the roof of Africa.
Your tour to Africa includes:
- Walk this less-trekked and scenic route
- Included: * All breakfasts, 8 lunches and 9 dinners * All accommodation (see below) * All transport and listed activities * Tour leader throughout * Flights from London (if booking incl. flights) * Kilimanjaro Park Fee
- Food: In the itinerary we state which meals are included on which day. On trek the emphasis is on a varied and well balanced diet with a greater amount of fresh fruit and soup to maximise the daily intake of fluids. Vegetarians are well catered for but please inform us before departure of any special dietary requests. Please note that in Tanzania the availability of certain specialised products for restricted diets, e.g. gluten-free or dairy-free, is minimal or non-existent and we strongly recommend you bring these specialised dietary items from home. You may find it beneficial to bring some 'summit snacks' with you from home; summit day is a long trekking day and high energy snacks are not readily available locally in Tanzania. All meals during the climb are included. Please allow about GBP20-30 (USD30-50) for the two lunches (day 1 and 10) not included. Water Whilst the water we provide on Kilimanjaro is suitable for drinking you may wish to be extra safe and treat it with your own water purification tablets. The EU banned iodine to be used to purify water on 25 Oct 2009. The cheapest alternative is to use chlorine tablets. The major difference is chlorine doesn't eliminate giardia. Biox Aqua drops or tablets are the best available alternative for sale in the UK as they kill giardia and crytosporidium.
To Londorossi; begin ascent to Lemosho Forest (2650m).
Explore Shira Plateau; camp at Shira One (3550m).
Walk to the summit of Shira Cathedral to camp at Shira Hut (3840m).
Descend to camp at Great Barranco Valley (3900m).
Over the Barranco Wall to Karanga (4000m).
Steep ascent to Barafu campsite (4600m), with optional afternoon ascent to bottom of S.E. Valley (4800m).
An early start to reach Stella Point in time for sunrise; on to Uhuru Peak (5895m), the highest point in Africa; descend to Millennium Camp (3800m).
To Mweka Gate; transfer to Arusha.
Other important information
- Min Age : 16
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 December 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 2322429 when you call.