Slovenia: Julian Alps Traverse
Little known outside Slovenia, the Julian Alps are the unsung mountain range of Europe. Giant limestone peaks dramatically twist their way from the lush, verdant meadows of the valleys below, creating a unique landscape that Slovenians are proud to call their own. This trip encompasses all the very best of this special mountain range, with an opportunity to reach the summit of Mt. Triglav, which rewards with views to Austria, Italy and Croatia. Exodus also offers a weekend version of this trip: *Mount Triglav Weekend (TVI) *
Your tour to Europe includes:
- Ascend Mt. Triglav, Slovenia's highest peak
- Included: * All breakfast and 5 dinners included * All accommodation * Transfer for group flights * Equipment hire for assent of Triglav
- Food: Whilst trekking we include dinner and breakfast in the huts. Hut breakfasts are usually made up of: bread, jam, cheese with tea, coffee etc. Lunches are not included and can be bought en route in the mountain huts we pass each day. On some days we will buy packed lunch and eat out in the mountains, other days we will stop for hot meals in local restaurants. On the first day after walking we'll visit a local supermarket and stock up on snacks for the five days. Dinner is usually two courses consisting of traditional Slovenian alpine food (for example - goulash, spaghetti, or alpine stew followed by fruit, pudding, strudel or pancakes). For vegetarians there is a little less variety, vegans even more so, but this shouldn't lead to anyone going hungry. Please inform sales at the time of booking if you have any dietary requirements.
Warm-up walk in the Karavanke Mountains.
Transfer to Lake Bohinj and the Triglav National Park passing a traditional mountain settlement. Trek overlooking this stunning glacial lake.
Walk through valley of the Seven Triglav Lakes, heading towards the more rocky terrain of Hribarice.
Trek through the heart of the Julian Alps followed by our Triglav summit attempt (weather dependent).
Follow mountain trails offering panoramas of the whole Julian Alps before arriving on Pokljuka Plateau and Blejska Koca (1630m).
Final day trekking east along ridge towards the peak of Brda (2009m). Transfer back to Bled, with time to stroll around the picturesque lake.
Other important information
- Min Age : 18
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 February 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 2322407 when you call.