Mt Toubkal Climb
Mt Toubkal, the highest peak in north Africa, stands 4167m above sea level and commands superb views of the High Atlas Mountains. Our trek passes through impressive landscapes on well-defined paths and is, surprisingly, not too strenuous. As we climb higher, the paths do become steeper but the gain in altitude awards dramatic views towards Marrakech and the spectacular Anti-Atlas mountains. Passing through remote villages and terraced fields we gain an insight into the life of the friendly Berber people and finish with free time in the colourful imperial city of Marrakech.
Your tour to Africa includes:
- Exhilarating one-week trek to the summit of North Africa's highest mountain
- Included: * All breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners included * All accommodation * Free transfers * Crampons if required
- Food: All breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners included. Moroccan food is, generally speaking, excellent though not particularly varied. Breakfasts usually consist of porridge, bread and jam with coffee or tea. Main meals will often be in the form of tajines of meat and vegetables with a great mix of herbs and spices and light fluffy cous cous. Salads will often comprise of both cooked and raw vegetables including tomatoes, smoked peppers and aubergine. Seafood is also popular as are dried fruits and pastries. When eating out, meals are reasonably priced - kebab and bread cost only about £4 (approx. US$6.50). In main towns it is possible to find very good French and Moroccan restaurants where a meal with wine will cost anything from £20 (approx. US$30) upwards. Generally dinner is likely to cost between £5-10 (approx. US$8-15) depending on what you drink. £15 (approx. US$25) a day for food should be sufficient. Local beers, wines and soft drinks are available at very reasonable prices but you can pay UK prices or more for imported alcohol. Your leader can help recommend restaurants each evening. Vegetarians can be catered for but there is a fairly limited choice of cous cous and tajine or omelettes. This is particularly the case during the more rural or trekking sections of the trip. If you have any special dietary requirements you should inform the Exodus Office prior to the trip. If you have a specific medical/dietary need (i.e. coeliac or vegan) you may find it helpful to bring some items of food with you from home. We advise you buy your own water purification tablets in the UK and take them with you. Bottled water can be purchased throughout the trip, but as recycling is not fully established in Morocco plastic bottles are an increasing waste problem.
Drive to Imi Oughlad; climb Tizi n Tacht Pass (2000m) and descend into the Azaden Valley.
Walk through Berber villages and spectacular mountain scenery, including the Ighoulidem waterfall.
Ascend the Aguelzim Pass (3550m) and enjoy superb views of the Toubkal Massif before walking down to base camp.
An early start climbing scree before traversing the southern ridge to reach the summit of Mt Toubkal (4167m). Enjoy magnificent panoramic views before descending to base camp.
Climb Mt Ouanakrim (4089m); descend to the village of Arroumd.
Short walk to Imlil; return to Marrakech for guided tour.
Other important information
- Min Age : 16
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 October 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 2322352 when you call.