A fantastic winter trek in the dramatic and isolated Anti-Atlas mountains. Marvel at kasbahs perched above terraced valleys and wide oases, as well as distant peaks fading into the desert haze. The ascent of Jebel Aklim (2531m) provides wonderful views of the snow-covered High Atlas. Walking through small Berber villages brings you closer to the locals and their way of life. The trek ends in Taroudant, with time to experience the souks and the ancient city walls.
Your tour to Morocco includes:
- Trek amongst terraced valleys and oases of Morocco's isolated and remote southwest
- Included: * All breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners * All accommodation * Transfers for group flights
- Food: Moroccan food is generally speaking, excellent. At the beginning and the end of the trek there will be the opportunity to eat in restaurants where meals are reasonably priced - kebab and bread cost only about £4 (approx. US$6.50). In main towns it is possible to find very good French and Moroccan restaurants where a meal with wine will cost anything from £20 (approx. US$30) upwards. On the trek all of the food is provided. Breakfast is likely to consist of bread with jam and other condiments as well as tea and coffee. Lunch and dinner usually sees a variety of dishes served that include seasonal fruit and vegetables as well as some meat and tinned fish as well as various rice and bean dishes. The choice tends to be large so there is usually something for everyone. It is certainly not limited to cous cous and tagine and is often commented as a highlight of the trip! Vegetarians can be catered for and there is usually a variety of bean/pulse dishes as well as omelettes and vegetables. Please note that if you have any special dietary requirements you should inform the Exodus Office prior to the trip. If you have a specific medical/dietary need (i.e. coeliac or vegan) you may find it helpful to bring some items of food with you from home. Bottled water can be purchased at the beginning of the trip and the team will store this for you throughout the trek, please note however that recycling is not fully established in Morocco so plastic bottles are increasingly a waste problem. Alternatively there will also be fresh water from local springs available every morning to fill your water bottles up. This will need to be purified so please bring your own purification tablets and purify for 2 hours or as instructed on the packet. This is a popular choice to avoid purchasing plastic bottles. We encourage you to bring water bottles and a means of purifying, filtering or sterilising water (see packing section) in order to be able to drink cool water from mountain streams. Bottles of water are available but we strongly discourage buying these as it contributes to plastic waste. We encourage you to bring water bottles and a means of purifying, filtering or sterilising water (see packing section) in order to be able to drink cool water from mountain streams. Bottles of water are available but we strongly discourage buying these as it contributes to plastic waste.
Drive to Taroudant for lunch; continue to Irghem. Trek to first campsite.
Walk to the village of Tagdicht, a long but diverse day.
Ascent of Jebel Aklim (2531m).
Three day complete circuit of Aklim Range with wild camping spots in various pastures. Passing through small villages and remote valleys.
Continue our trek through this stunning remote region. With a chance to swim in natural pools.
Final day in the Anti-Atlas Mountains. Drive to Taroudant.
Other important information
- Min Age : 16
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 September 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 2322350 when you call.