Camels & Kasbahs
From our start point in exotic Marrakech, we travel across the High Atlas Mountains to the magnificent Kasbah Ait Benhaddou - the perfect backdrop for many Hollywood films including Gladiator. From here we venture towards the amazing Sahara Desert, through the beautiful palm groves of the Draa Valley, where we enjoy a camel safari ride, some wonderful nomad hospitality and camping out under the desert stars. On our journey back to Marrakech we spend a night in the remote village of Tijhza nestling high in the Atlas Mountains. Here we enjoy a walk through the lush farmland and learn how people farm here, before experiencing a traditional Moroccan hammam. Our final treat is the colourful souks, palaces and mosques of Marrakech, which come alive at night with snake charmers, travelling musicians and acrobats.
Your tour to Africa includes:
- Explore the souks of Marrakech, walk in the Atlas Mountains and ride a camel through the desert.
- Included: * All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 3 dinners included * All accommodation * Transfers for group flights
- Food: All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 3 dinners included. Moroccan food is, generally speaking, excellent though not particularly varied. Breakfasts usually consist of bread and jam with coffee or tea. When eating out, meals are reasonably priced - kebab and bread cost about £4 (approx. US$6.50). In main towns it is possible to find very good French and Moroccan restaurants where a meal with wine is from £20 (approx. US$30) upwards. Generally, dinner is likely to cost between £5-10 (approx. US$8-15) without drinks. £15 (approx. US$25) a day for food should be sufficient. Local beers, wines and soft drinks are available at very reasonable prices but expect to pay UK prices or more for imported alcohol. Your leader will recommend restaurants each evening. Vegetarians can be catered for but there is a fairly limited choice of couscous and tajine or omelettes. This is particularly the case during the more rural or trekking sections of the trip. Please note that if you have any special dietary requirements you should inform the Exodus office prior to the trip. If you have a specific medical/dietary need (i.e. coeliac or vegan) you may find it helpful to bring some items of food with you from home. Plastic waste is an issue in Morrocco. We advise you buy your own purification tablets in the UK and take them with you. Bottled water in large containers is stored in the bus for you to refill your own bottles.
Drive to Ait Ben Haddou through the High Atlas Mountains
Drive to Tazzarine. Visit the local palmery. Overnight in permanent tented camp.
Morning camel trek; continue by vehicle to N'Kon; afternoon free to enjoy the pool. Camp in the grounds of a converted kasbah.
Transfer to Tijhza a traditional Berber village nestled in the High Atlas Mountains.
Morning walk through the villages of the Tijhza Valley. Scenic drive over mountain passes to Marrakech.
Morning walking tour of Marrakech; afternoon and evening free.
Other important information
- Min Age : 5
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 June 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 2322246 when you call.