Marrakech & the Sahara
The grandeur of the Sahara Desert is truly experienced on this trip as we journey from Marrakech across the High Atlas Mountains to the palm groves of the Draa Valley and the gateway to the desert at Zagora. En route we’ll enjoy the UNESCO listed 16th-century kasbah of Ait Benhaddou, before continuing for a camel trek and a night under a thousand stars on the edge of the worlds largest desert, the Sahara. On our way back to the city, we’ll stop in the remote village of Tijhza and enjoy a peaceful walk and authentic hamman. Finally there is some free time to enjoy the sights and smells of Marrakech one of the great cities of the Arabic world.
Your tour to Africa includes:
- Exciting adventure in the Sahara Desert and High Atlas Mountains
- Included: * All breakfasts and 3 dinners * All Accommodation * Transfers for group flights * Tour leader throughout
- Food: All breakfasts and 3 dinners included. Moroccan food is, generally speaking, excellent though not particularly varied. Breakfasts usually consist of bread and jam with coffee or tea. Meals eaten out are reasonably priced - kebab and bread cost is approximately GBP4 (USD7). In main towns, it is possible to find very good French and Moroccan restaurants where a meal and French wine will cost anything from GBP20 (USD30) upwards. Generally, dinner is likely to cost between GBP5-10 (approx. USD8-15) not including drinks. Local beer, wine and soft drinks are reasonably priced, but you can pay UK prices or more for imported alcohol. Your leader will recommend restaurants for each evening. Vegetarians can be catered for but there is a fairly limited choice of vegetarian cous cous, tajine or omelettes. This is particularly the case during the more rural sections of the trip. Please note that if you have any special dietary requirements you should inform the Exodus Office prior to the trip. If you have a specific medical/dietary need (i.e. coeliac or vegan) you may find it helpful to bring some items of food with you from home.
Across the High Atlas to Ait Benhaddou.
Through the Draa valley; camel ride through the desert to our Berber camp
Camel ride; short drive to Zagora and free time by the pool, optional afternoon walk.
Into the High Atlas Mountains; walk to remote village of Tijhza and visit the local hammam.
Morning walk; afternoon transfer to Marrakech through magnificent mountain scenery.
Explore Marrakech: Djemaa el Fna Square, beautiful gardens, palaces and souks.
Other important information
- Min Age : 16
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 June 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 2322138 when you call.