Marrakech & the Sahara
The grandeur of the Sahara Desert is truly experienced on this trip as we journey through the palm groves of the Draa Valley to the gateway to the desert, Zagora. We then travel by camel into the sand dunes and oases of M'Hamid, where we spend the night at a traditional Bedouin camp under the stars. Next stop is the impressive 16th century kasbah of Ait Benhaddou before we continue our journey into the High Atlas Mountains to enjoy a peaceful walk around the remote village of Tijhza. Finally there is time to explore the medina, souks and square of vibrant Marrakech. A number of changes are being made to this product for travel after the *1st January 2018*. This trip will now run on an alternative itinerary, flying in and out of Marrakech, instead of into Ouarzazate and out of Marrakech. Please click here  to view the correct version.  https://www.exodus.co.uk/morocco-holidays/discovery-wildlife/marrakech-sahara/ams-10346
Your tour to Africa includes:
- Exciting adventure in the Sahara Desert and High Atlas Mountains
- Included: * All breakfasts and 3 dinners * All Accommodation * Transfers for group flights * Tour leader throughout
- Food: All breakfasts and 3 dinners included. Moroccan food is, generally speaking, excellent though not particularly varied. Breakfasts usually consist of bread and jam with coffee or tea. Meals eaten out are reasonably priced - kebab and bread cost only about GBP4 (USD7). In main towns it is possible to find very good French and Moroccan restaurants where a meal and French wine will cost anything from GBP20 (USD30) upwards. Generally dinner is likely to cost between GBP5-10 (approx. . USD8-15) depending on what you drink. Local beers, wines and soft drinks are reasonably priced, but you can pay UK prices or more for imported alcohol. Your leader will recommend restaurants for each evening and can help keep costs down by collecting a kitty at the beginning of the week - overall GBP60 (approx. . USD100) pp is enough for the week. Vegetarians can be catered for but there is a fairly limited choice of vegetarian cous cous and tajine or omelettes. This is particularly the case during the more rural or trekking sections of the trip. Please note that if you have any special dietary requirements you should inform the Exodus Office prior to the trip. If you have a specific medical/dietary need (i.e. coeliac or vegan) you may find it helpful to bring some items of food with you from home.
Travel through beautiful Draa Valley to Zagora, at the edge of the Sahara Desert.
Transfer to M'Hamid for a wonderful walk amongst the sand dunes; camel trek to our camp for an evening under the stars.
Head north to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou and its famous kasbah.
Into the High Atlas Mountains; walk to remote village of Tijhza and visit the local hammam
Morning walk; afternoon transfer to Marrakech through magnificent mountain scenery.
Explore Marrakech: Djemaa el Fna Square, beautiful gardens, palaces and souks.
Other important information
- Min Age : 16
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 October 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 2322138 when you call.