Marrakech, Mountains & Coast
The High Atlas Mountains provide a magnificent backdrop to the city of Marrakech where we explore the medina, museums and gardens as well as the colourful Djemaa el Fna. Leisurely walks in the High Atlas Mountains offer the opportunity to visit Berber villages and gain an understanding into traditional life. We complete the week in style in Essaouira, where we stay in a traditional riad enjoy local seafood by the long sandy beach.
Your tour to Africa includes:
- Experience the cities, mountains and coast of Morocco
- Included: * All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners included * All accommodation * Free transfers
- Food: All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners included. Breakfasts usually consist of porridge, bread and jam with coffee or tea. When eating out, meals are reasonably priced - kebab and bread cost only about £4 (approx. US$6.50). In main towns it is possible to find very good French and Moroccan restaurants where a meal with wine will cost anything from £20 (approx. US$30) upwards. Generally dinner is likely to cost between £5-10 (approx. US$8-15) depending on what you drink. £15 (approx. US$25) a day for food should be sufficient. Local beers, wines and soft drinks are available at very reasonable prices but you can pay UK prices or more for imported alcohol. Your leader can help recommend restaurants each evening. Vegetarians can be catered for but there is a fairly limited choice of cous cous and tajine or omelettes. This is particularly the case during the more rural or trekking sections of the trip. Please note that if you have any special dietary requirements you should inform the Exodus Office prior to the trip. If you have a specific medical/dietary need (i.e. coeliac or vegan) you may find it helpful to bring some items of food with you from home. If you are travelling from UK we advise you buy your own water purification tablets in the UK and take them with you. Bottled water can be purchased throughout the trip. Please note recycling is not fully established in Morocco so plastic bottles are an increasing waste problem.
Morning guided tour of Marrakech; visit Djemaa el Fna Square.
Transfer to Tamatert, iovernight in mountain gite.
Daywalk to Tamatert Pass (2250m), rewarded with breathtaking views.
Descend to Imlil on foot; transfer to Essaouira for a relaxed evening in a riad.
Guided tour in Essaouira; free afternoon.
Free morning to further explore Essaouira; afternoon transfer to Marrakech; free evening to soak up the atmosphere around the main square. evening to soak up the atmosphere around the main square.
Other important information
- Min Age : 16
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 17 December 2017 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Please quote deal number 2322135 when you call.