To celebrate our fantastic new Backstage Pass to the USA campaign we’re teaming up with Contiki to give you and a friend the chance to win a Contiki tour visiting some of the USA’s most iconic destinations.
The LA to the Bay tour, worth over £900, kicks off in Los Angeles and will have you admiring the wonders of the Grand Canyon, gallivanting around the Las Vegas strip, delighting in the beauty of Bass Lake and Yosemite National Park and finishing in the city by the bay: San Francisco.
The Contiki crew are passionate about travel and showing you all the amazing places that will make your trip one to remember. Here’s a little taste of what you’ll experience if you win:
To be in the chance to win this fantastic trip all you need to do is tell us in 300 words or less how you would give someone a tour around a town you know well.
This is could be your hometown, a place you’ve visited or the place you currently live. We’re looking for fun, interesting itineraries for places you might not expect! Show us the places that the average tourist might not know about – after all, that’s the best thing about taking a tour.
The person whose entry we deem to be the most creative will win a place for them and a friend on a Contiki LA to the Bay tour. Throughout the contest, we’ll be featuring some of the entries on this blog to share with our readers – so let us in on some of your top travel tips!
This competition is now closed. Thanks to everyone who entered – keep an eye on our blog for the winner announcement!
Why not share with your friends on Twitter and Facebook? (If they win, they might take you!)
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to residents of the UK aged 18 years or over, except for employees of Flight Centre (UK) Limited, their families or anyone else associated with this competition. You must be aged between 18 and 35 to travel with Contiki Holidays.
- All information detailing how to enter the competition form part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The competition opens at 17:00 GMT 1 November 2012 and closes at 23:59 GMT 15 November 2012. Flight Centre (UK) Limited reserves the right to change the competition dates and terms at any time. Any changes to the competition will be announced via our Facebook and Twitter channels.
- Entries must be made via the form on the Flight Centre UK travel blog (www.flightcentre.co.uk/uk-travel-blog) and must contain the entrant’s full name, date of birth, email address and a description, in 300 words or fewer, of a tour around your chosen town. Only one entry per person. No automated, bulk, third party or consumer group entries are permitted.
- There will be one winner. The winner will be chosen by the Flight Centre UK Social Media team and will take into account the creativity and originality of the answer. The winner will be announced by 30 November 2012. The winner is required to confirm his/her acceptance of the prize within 21 days of being notified or the prize may be forfeited and redrawn. The competition result is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize is two places on an LA to the Bay tour with Contiki Holidays. To redeem the prize, the winner must be aged 18 – 35. The prize and the tour dates are subject to availability and all Contiki Holidays booking conditions. Contiki Holidays reserves the right to replace the tour if necessary with a prize of equal value. The prize must be booked by 31 December 2012. The prize cannot be redeemed on the following departure dates: 19 December 2012 and 18 December 2013. The prize is as stated and is not transferrable to another individual and no cash (or other) alternative will be offered. (More information on the tour itinerary can be found at: http://www.contiki.com/destinations/usa-canada/tours/257-la-to-the-bay.)
- The prize does not include: flights to or from the departure point, pre or post tour accommodation and transportation, spending money, personal expenses, optional activities, beverages, travel insurance, gratuities and other incidental expenses incurred. Any costs incurred from charges post-booking (such as a name change) are the winner’s responsibility. It is the winner’s responsibility to obtain any necessary travel documents, such as passports and visas.
- Contiki Holidays will not be responsible if the winners are refused entry to any destination and any unused portion of the prize will be forfeited. Contiki Holidays will not be responsible for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events or travel after ticketing for any reason beyond its control. Further terms and conditions may apply.
- Flight Centre (UK) Limited will use the winner’s name for promotional activity related to the competition. This may include but not be limited to: Including your name and Twitter handle on our blog, Facebook and Twitter channels. We will also feature some competition entries on our blog. By entering this competition you give permission for your name and Twitter handle to be mentioned by Flight Centre (UK) Limited in these channels, and for your entry to be reproduced on the Flight Centre UK travel blog.
- We will not share your details with any other third party.