This competition is now closed. Thanks to everyone who entered; we’re very pleased to announce that the lucky winner of 2 return economy flights to Dubai is @SamuelSWaters – congratulations Samuel!
When you hear the word ‘Dubai’, what springs to mind?
Do the words ‘sun’, ‘beach’ and ‘heat’ immediately shimmer in your imagination like a desert mirage? For most holiday goers, these are the three most important elements to guarantee a successful holiday – but there are plenty of other things like culture, luxury, shopping and adventure that complete the package.
Dubai has the lot, and we’ve teamed up with Qantas to give away return economy flights to Dubai for two people! All you need to do is answer our three fun quiz questions for the chance to win. Read on to discover more about this destination and how you could win flights there on the award-winning Qantas A380.
Dubai is bound to tick all of your holiday boxes, with year round warm temperatures and sunshine, beaches side-by-side with an ultra-modern city, luxury, culture, shopping and adventure all within easy reach. And when you fly there with Qantas, your holiday will start the moment you board their award-winning A380 aircraft.
It’s been a year since Qantas first began flying to the enchanting city of Dubai, and it’s easy to see why this route is proving so popular. Dubai is so much more than an average beach destination, with something on offer for everyone, from desert adventures to luxury spas and plenty in between.
It doesn’t matter whether you have a week to truly explore this destination, or just a long weekend to get a taste of Dubai, your itinerary can be as full or relaxed as you like. And with two flights each day from London, Qantas will get you there and back in style and on your schedule (check out these 3 and 5 night holidays flying with Qantas, starting from just £499pp). From 21 July, Qantas is pleased to offer an early afternoon departure to Dubai, along with the evening departure, meaning you truly can choose when suits you.
Book your flight with Qantas and you can choose from four travel classes on the A380. This aircraft has won a number of awards, and is recognised for burning 17% less fuel per seat than today’s largest jets and being 50% quieter during take-off. All of this means that you can arrive in Dubai ready to hit the beach, the shops, the flood-lit golf course…or whatever takes your fancy.
How you can win flights to Dubai with Qantas:
The competition begins tomorrow (Friday June 6th) and we’ll be asking a question about Qantas and Dubai every two days on the blog. You’ll need to tweet us the answer to the quiz question to win, using the tweet button that we’ll provide.
Dates to remember
- Friday 6th June 2014 – Quiz Question Number 1
- Sunday 8th June 2014 – Quiz Question Number 2
- Tuesday 10th June – Quiz Question Number 3
You don’t need to answer all three questions but each question you answer will give you an extra entry into the competition so you’ve got more chance of winning.
If you don’t already, follow us on Twitter now to make sure you see a quiz competition reminder so you don’t miss out.
See you soon for our first competition quiz question!
Competition terms and conditions:
- The prize is two return economy flights from London Heathrow to Dubai on a Qantas operated and marketed flight. The prize does not include accommodation, transfers, travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature not stated. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize winner and companion. Prize travel is subject to Qantas’ General Conditions of Carriage, available at qantas.com.
- The total prize value may not exceed £500 per person.
- Prize travel is subject to availability at the time of booking. Prize travel must be booked and ticketed by 30 September 2014 with travel completed before 30 June 2015. Travel is not permitted between 5 December 2014 and 18 January 2015, and 27 March and 19 April 2015. Qantas makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
- The winner and their companion must travel together on prize flights and will not accrue Qantas Frequent Flyer points on the prize travel. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or Qantas Frequent Flyer points.
- Entrants’ personal information provided to Qantas in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with Qantas’ Privacy Statement, available at qantas.com/privacy.
- To enter the competition you must follow @FlightCentre_UK and tweet the answer that you think is correct. Do not remove any hashtags from the tweet or we will not be able to track your answer
- There will be 3 questions in total
- Entrants must send at least one tweet from our competition blog posts and follow us on Twitter to win
- Entrants are not required to answer all 3 questions but each correct answer will provide an extra entry into the competition. There are a maximum of 3 entries
- This competition is open to UK residents, aged 18 and over who do not work for Flight Centre Ltd. Directors, management, employees and their immediate families of Qantas Airways Limited (Qantas) and registered travel companions of employees of Qantas are not permitted to enter.
- The competition is open from June 6th – 11th 2014
- We will contact the winners via a direct message on Twitter June 20th 2014
- The winner must accept the prize within 14 days or the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected
- Please only answer each question once – a maximum of three entries per person will be accepted
- Flight Centre UK is the legal promoter of this competition